• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely difficult to move and drag transitions and crossfades.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. I am having this really annoying issue with Premiere Pro 2024, where when I try to change to change the size of, or move around a transition of some sort on an audio or video file, I find it very difficult to grab the transition and drag it around. I almost always end up moving the clip, instead of the transition.

Only the most recent update in Premiere that has added updates and changes with how audio mixing works, has this become an issue.

I am not sure if this is a problem with my computer? Or more likely, an issue with the software with recent changes.

If anyone is experiencing this, or has suggestions, let me know.

Thanks,

Operating System: MacOS Sonoma (14.5 23F79)

Premiere Pro Version: 24.4.1

Device: 2021 14" MacBook Pro

-M1 Pro

-16GB of Unified Memory

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might take a look at the Premiere Beta forum. 

There are some controls now near the audio edit points, that some others are having to wrestle with also. I believe the Devs are working on that. Take a look over there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I would agree it's harder to select the transition and move it around in Premiere 24.4.1 compared to previous versions.

A couple things to note:

• If your track height is narrow enough that the transition is the same height as the clip, selecting and moving the transition seems much easier.
  • It's not ideal, but you can still easily select and adjust the transition in the Effect Controls panel.

Cheers,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered the same issues!

The timeline height gets adjusted arbitrarily, making it hard for me to quickly browse through different layers (I only have a 23-inch monitor).

Video and audio transitions have become extremely difficult to select! I have to click multiple times to accurately choose the transition I want to adjust.

I hope the Premiere team will address these issues as they cause significant inconvenience and frustration in my work. Work is already challenging enough; I don't need my tools to add to that frustration.

(Translated using ChatGPT. Please excuse any inaccuracies.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, transtions are much more difficult to operate.

They have different areas to grab the end. Even rolling edit and (ripple) trim have differnet areas depending on track height, show keyframes, fx badge etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like you have a few empty tracks above and below the track you're trying to alter.

Have you tried making more room for the track at hand by removing empty tracks (if they are truly that), and/or by adjusting the track height? Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines