• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye-dropper Color Picker not working

Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2010 Jun 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the PPro CS5 effects I've tried that use the Eye-dropper for color-picking (UltraKey, Color Key, Color Corrector, etc.) seem to work properly. When I click on the eyedropper, the cursor changes to the eye-dropper pointer, but when I drag this pointer over any part of the screen, the swatch in the effects controls seems to vary between different shades of gray - not the color that is under the pointer. Likewise, when I click over a color, only the shade of gray is picked.

Clicking on the swatch in the effect controls to bring up the graphic color picker works just fine. Furthermore, in After Effects CS5 and Photoshop CS5, all of the color eye-droppers I have tried work just fine. Seems to be isolated to Premiere Pro CS5. Never had this problem with CS4. Any ideas?

PPro 5.0.1

Max OSX 10.6.4

2 x 2.66 Dual Core

13GB RAM

ATI Radeon X1900

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

I use OSX El Capitan Version 10.11.14, and I experienced the same problem with my Flash CS5.5.

I found that you can get around this problem if you are working with your own graphics. Keep double clicking on the movie clip/graphic/object/group with the colour that you want to copy, until you find the source Shape that contains that colour.

On the Properties window, you should see the Fill and Stroke of that Shape. The Fill property of the shape should be the colour you want to copy. If you save your file (Ctrl-S), you should notice that the Foreground Colour in the Toolbox changes into the Fill colour of the selected shape.

Hope this works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines