• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper tool always grey

Enthusiast ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whenever i use the eye dropper tool  (normally in the 'tint' plugin, but in any plugin)

it is always grey no matter where i click.....

see image 

eye dropper.jpg

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe need to change the stacking order with RGB curves (cannot see what it is doing and is obsolete).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, its always the same, curves or no curves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different region, different clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everything i do with it seems to end up the same, regardless of footage or project. 

it seems to kind of work in the lighter areas i think, but anything that isnt 90% white, will just come up as grey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the Lumetri panel available/open you can just start making adjustments and it will automatically be applied.

MyerPj_0-1672353081547.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works fine on my PC at this time, so I can't replicate. Puzzling of course, why the difference?

Also, always curious as to why people use certain tools ... so the RGB Curves, what do you do with that?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just using the curve for a quick way of brightening up the footage which can appear a bit too dark after using the tint plugin. I find the curves to be my go-to for that kind of thing, it gives me good control.  if premiere had a 'levels' plugin that worked like photoshop levels i might use that.. but its totally different.   I know Lumetri color has a curve on it, but its easier to type in the word "curve" because there are so many lumetri plugins an color plugins.

by the way Lumetri color is such a fundamental effect, i think it should be automatically on every channel, unnecessary work for a user to have to search for it every time. (i know you can save it as a user effect, but still)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the answer ... it's always fun hearing how others work. We are all different ...

And a comment ... in the Color workspace, the Lumetri panel is open ... as you go down the timeline, anytime you pause playback the clip under the playhead becomes 'selected'. At that point, any touch of the controls in the panel is applied to the clip, you don't 'go grab the Lumetri effect' ...

Fastest way to color in Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try holding down Command on Mac or Control on Windows when you try to sample the color that you want with the eyedropper. The eyedropper should be thicker. This usually works and selects a broader range of pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines