• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: How to solve Encoding/Export stuck at 0% with Premiere Pro/Adobe Media Encoder 14.0.1?

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are investigating an issue with Premiere Pro/Adobe Media Encoder (v 14.0.1) where the export gets stuck at 0%. This issue seems to be related to markers. Here are the steps that can be followed to address this issue.

Note: This procedure is only applicable if you are using makers in the sequence.

The easy way:

Select all the markers from the timeline that you are trying to export and delete them (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/using/markers.html#find_move_and_delete_markers). Once the markers are deleted try to export (you may want to create a backup of the project with the markers before deleting them, just in case if you need those markers later).

If you wish to drill down to the specific issue:

• Open the project file.
  • Navigate to the Markers panel (Windows > Markers).
  • Double-click on the marker thumbnail in the Markers panel to load its properties window or select the marker thumbnail and go to Markers (in the menu bar) > Edit Marker.
  • Check if you see any parameter named marker_guid listed in the Flash Cue Point section.
    (If you don’t find this parameter listed, check the next marker)
    Look for marker_guidLook for marker_guid

• Once you find a marker that has marker_guid listed in the Flash Cue Point section, delete that entry.

To do this enable the option for Flash Cue Point.

Select marker_guid and click the - (minus) button.

Enable Flash Cue Point & delete marker_guidEnable Flash Cue Point & delete marker_guid

• Click OK and try to export.

Hope this helps in solving the issue. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Sumeet

TOPICS
Export , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Hi donika,

Yes, we are working on getting it sorted as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still not FIXED with 14.1. STILL STUCK AT 0%!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm having this issue on my client's mac. They're still on 13.1.5 both PP and AME. 

Trying to Queue and Export Sequences with full length of AE DL Comp avg duration 2 minutes.

Some sequences have markers, some don't. But only Comment markers. Removing these markers are not solving issue.

AME Export never started.

macOS 10.14.6

PP & AME 13.1.5

H.264 Match Source 1080@25p

AME Settings:

• Import Sequence Natively
  • parallel encoding enabled
  • HW accelerated encoding enabled

Appreciate any feedbacks

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I managed to solve the pb by… updating. So I think your client should update his Adobe softwares AND also his Mac to Catalina (10.15.5) which is the current issue of mac OS X. I couldn't find any other solutions, because Adobe knows the pb now (at last) and they have apparently solved it in the latest updates, which are, to my knoledge, in need of an updated mac environnement… 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply. I will told my client to do so. I hope he has no issue upgrading to Catalina, since his mac got tons of on going projects on other VFX software and that vendor told him not to upgrade yet :))

anyways, thanks again. Glad it got fixed by the next update

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Catalina is 10.15.5 now so it would be OK I think, and he/she has to upgrade to the latest version of Premiere of course as well, I think they have eventually solved this issue by now.

Cheers,

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No markers, nevertheless no export ... 
Aucune fenêtre de communication ne s'ouvre après avoir cliqué sur exporter->média....
J'adore vos mises à jour Adobe! Aucun avertissement préalable, des bugs partout... Super, la relation client!  :ö(
Franchement peut mieux faire... Et oui, je râle car cela fait juste 1 jour de boulot de perdu et que je ne peux même pas donner une date au client pour la sortie de son média.
Car oui, moi j'essaye d'être proactive et de la garder ma relation client!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set Creative Cloud Desktop to not update automatically:  Settings > Apps > Auto-Update disabled.

What I am about to suggest is not ideal by any means, but could get you a deliverable for your client.

Superimpose an Adjustment Layer in your highest Video Track and extend it for the run time of your edit.  Apply the Invert effect twice (Effects > Video Effects > Channel > Invert) to the Adjustment Layer (the point is to force a render for your entire Sequence with the picture looking the same it would without an Effect applied).  Choose Sequence > Render In to Out.  Wait for the Render.  Copy the resulting Video Preview files to a new folder (leave the originals).  In a Duplicate Sequence, delete the Video, but keep the Audio and then do an Audio Only export.  Assemble the Video Preview files with the audio in a new Project. 

It's insane, I know, but it should get you to something that you can give your client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Warren. It's very helpful and ...insane!!! :))
You make my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem with essential graphics on version 14.3. I can't render my projects neither on premiere or encoder.

I'm currently using V_14.0.3 because all the new version have the same problem even though Adobe keeps on telling everyone that the problem is solved in the newest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to media encoder 14 worked for me. I am some of the lucky people because the newest update does work for me finally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to version 14.0.0 on both Premiere and Encoder solved this same problem for me. I had the latest versions (as of July 28, 2020) and could not encode a simple 30 second video that had no effects, no markers, etc. In troubleshooting the problem, I observed that both new versions took forever to load on my computer - either one took up all available RAM (as identified by Task Manager) for many minutes before finally settling down. From there both versions were very unresponsive. With the 14.0.0 versions both programs took a normal amoiunt of time and RAM to load. I suspect the problem is not with the encoding or the linking but in the programs themselves. I'm sticking with 14.0.0 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only just discovered this issue and I'm using version 15.2!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered this export issue, and I'm using version 15.2!

Deleting all the markers doesn't help.

This must be a new and unrelated bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've deleted the markers altogether on my timeline and this did not solve my issue https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-timeline-stuck-in-quot-ready-quot-s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022 and I'm having the same problem. I have the latest update. So I guess this is not fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m1 chip macbook pro / laptop solution: Open media encoder, and go to settings or preferences and uncheck “import sequence natively”.  Quit encoder and re open it. Now go back to premiere, hit export and press queue in encoder and it should work.  sometimes it just sits there a painfully long time then it does its thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16/07/2023 ! Still an issue after the latest update - encoder stuck at remaining time 00:00:00:00 this was after removing my titles that seemed to caused an warning " adobe media encoder missing kaushan script regular font" and the file would export but never the full 1 hour file !  When Canon stopped listening we moved to Sony in droves! Well guess what time to look elsewehere for stable software as wasted days trying to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open media encoder, and go to settings or preferences and uncheck “import sequence natively”.  Quit encoder and re open it. Now go back to premiere, hit export and press queue in encoder and it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines