• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File size after render way larger than exspected from PP!

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question.. hopefully...

I have a 3 files, all under 5 MB each.  I got these clips from a screencast from screencast-o-matic.  They are in 720 HD.  When I add them to PP I just drag them into the timeline creating the sequence settings.. correct???  At least it used to before the last update for me.  Then I place the clips back to back in the timeline making it about 5 min total time and render (hitting enter)  Then I export the media with the box "Match Sequence Settings" selected.  I am now assuming that it is going to render out in  the MPEG4 that I exported into PP.  But then when I go to the finished file it is over 500 MB. 

I have done edits like this in the past before PP went to CC and the ending videos where about 10-15 MB total when finished.  Just like if the screencast recording was that long.  Does anyone know why this is happening?  What am I missing here?

Thank you in advance.  I hope I supplied enough information.  Let me know if you need more.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

sideiwndermedia  wrote

"Match Sequence Settings" selected.  I am now assuming that it is going to render out in  the MPEG4 that I exported into PP.  But then when I go to the finished file it is over 500 MB. 

Match sequence settings means the export is the same as the sequence codec used for preview, in your case probably mpeg I frame.

Which makes huge files.

Choice of export depends on final destination of the file.

Filesize is not determined by seqeunce settings but by length timeline (range) x bi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

The size of your render is all predicated on the sequence settings. The easier and better way to go about this is to skip rendering previews and go right to outputting as a movie file. The media Encoder feature has all the presets you'll need to make the correct size and compression settings you'll need. You can choose 720p with various choices of compression to manage your final file size vs quality of image. When you choose a preset, it will predict (fairly accurately) the final size of your movie file.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 10.20.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply!  I have used the encoder before for this but have not since the sequence added the feature to change sequence settings to match the file being imported.  I will give this a go when I get back to this project and let you know! Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pleasure. Do me a favor and mark my reply as correct. It help my standing with the Adobe folks.

Take care!

Thx,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sideiwndermedia  wrote

"Match Sequence Settings" selected.  I am now assuming that it is going to render out in  the MPEG4 that I exported into PP.  But then when I go to the finished file it is over 500 MB. 

Match sequence settings means the export is the same as the sequence codec used for preview, in your case probably mpeg I frame.

Which makes huge files.

Choice of export depends on final destination of the file.

Filesize is not determined by seqeunce settings but by length timeline (range) x bitrate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines