• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

find all sequences

Engaged ,
Sep 01, 2024 Sep 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to find all the sequnces I have in a project bin and all subbins. 

My sequnces all use the default color so, like Markters, they can be filter by color, but where do I go to filter clips by color? 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

When you create your sequences, you decide where to save them. You can have sequences with their videos/images in the same bins or you can have a separate bin for sequences (I always keep everything that belongs to a sequence in one bin, i.e. one bin with all videos/images/audios/sequence together, this makes it super easy for me to find any sequence at any time).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

...so they don't get saved in different places. But I need a way to find any that get saved to some default location when they are created.. 

By @mikecox_

To force a new Sequence to a specific Bin:

The easiest way is to first select the Bin named Forest and then create the Sequence. Now the new Sequence will end up in the Bin named Forest. Selecting the Bin first is the key here if you create the sequence using File > New > Bin or the New Item Icon and then Sequence.

By doing this the Sequ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to do this is to type "sequence" in the Filter Bin Content search bar at the top of the Project panel.

You can also filter by label color or media type by creating a Search Bin:

• Go to File > New > Search Bin.
  • For Search, choose Media Type and for Find, select sequence.
  • Alternatively, for Search, choose Label and for Find, select the label color.

For more details, check out this help guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helpful response.

Can I create a bin where all my Search bins will be saved to, by default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search Folders are saved to the root project by default, but you can move them anywhere you want after they've been created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all your sequences are  in their default colour, you could just find one in the List view in the Project panel, right-click on it and choose Label > Select Label Group. This will select every single sequence in your entire Project 😉

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input but I'm not sure I understand.  

I have a folder labled forest, but it's a folder. It's where I put my sequences, with their defailt label: Forest.

Like with subfolders I alway struggle with how to organize them, so they don't get saved in different places. But I need a way to find any that get saved to some default location when they are created.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create your sequences, you decide where to save them. You can have sequences with their videos/images in the same bins or you can have a separate bin for sequences (I always keep everything that belongs to a sequence in one bin, i.e. one bin with all videos/images/audios/sequence together, this makes it super easy for me to find any sequence at any time).

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've been rethinking this issue and have come to the same solution. But then, what about the clips I add to a sequence after it was created?

I can see how puting a clip in a Bin before creatind subclips,p; because the subclips are all related to that single slip. But a Seq isn't related to a single clip, so where do you put it?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...so they don't get saved in different places. But I need a way to find any that get saved to some default location when they are created.. 

By @mikecox_

To force a new Sequence to a specific Bin:

The easiest way is to first select the Bin named Forest and then create the Sequence. Now the new Sequence will end up in the Bin named Forest. Selecting the Bin first is the key here if you create the sequence using File > New > Bin or the New Item Icon and then Sequence.

By doing this the Sequences will never end up here and there in a random fashion.

If you create a new Sequence by dragging a clip to the New Item icon, the Sequence will always end up in the same Bin that the Clip lives in.

Folder=Bin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that was really helpful. 

btw, can you tell me how to make bins into tabs?  I'm coming back to Pr, after 3 years in Ps. I used to kow but  I'm suffering from "use it or loose it". Seems like I dragged the bin onto the tab panel.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines