Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fire editing

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to make a fire effect in a certain video but I fail to make it realistic. As you can see in the pictures the imported flames are not curved well as you can see due to the shape that it looks fake. How can I make this more realistic?

Kind regards,

Martijn 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to do it better in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

google this type of stuff.

https://autodesk-maya.en.lo4d.com/windows

there's lots of off the shelf 3d programs that do similar.

hollywood and top end animation stuff is not available off the shelf.

unfortunately the off the shelf programs are really expensive and the learning curve is astronomical.

best to start when very young cause it takes a long time to learn this stuff.

basically it's particles based on geometric shapes that make up bigger stuff, with 'characterics' like smoke, fire, water, etc.

if you watch stuff like broadway empire, juraisic park, pan am tv show, and modern super hero movies you'll see what I mean.

forget about making this using adobe only... it aint gonna happen and look anywhere near 'real'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're gonna think I'm crazy but focus on what you can do rather than what you can't.

there was a tv episodic show called bonanza I watched as a kid and it was about a family (cartrights ? ) who were ranchers on a ranch called the ponderosa. when it started there was a still image map of the ponderosa and it started burning from behind the paper map.

it 'implied' the ranch was in trouble and fighting to survive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your quick answers on my topic. However, I think my question needs some more clarification. It is not my aim to make it superrealistic. People will see that it is not real but thats not my point. I just want to know how I can remove the straight lines thtat you see in my pictures. I try to blunt it with mask to make it more 'natural'. I also tried to crop the videos but failed to do so either. Perhaps I must indeed only use Adobe Premiero After effects for this kind of stuff but I am affraid that this is a higher game requiring much effort to learn. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's hard to tell what your layers are doing, but perhaps try feathering the mask or feathering alpha channel. i've always wondered myself why fire comps aren't pre-feathered. depending on how you're adding them, you may need to precompose/nest the layers to get the desired matte. videocopilot.net has a bunch of tutorials on this and they're free so I recommend you check them out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines