• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fitting to Screen Adobe Illustrator to premiere pro?

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am working on a video on Adobe Premiere Pro. 

I have edited a slide on Adobe illustrator which I have imported into the project. 

When I double click on the source monitor tab, it displays as full size and fits to screen. 

When I import it onto the timeline and play in the program monitor it cuts off the top and bottom and displays them as blank as it the original document was too landscape to fit on the screen. Kind of like trying to fit a rectangle into a square. 

I also have had a problem with having blank spaces when importing screenshots into my videos using premiere pro. 

What dimensions will I need to set when editing the original illustrator file? At first I selected a TV style document thinking that would be the best bet to fit to screen on premiere pro. 

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sequence setting does not match the Ai file or the Ai file is too big for your sequence settings.

Post properties Ai file and screenshot sequence settings.

If you want a regular HD setting the Ai file should be HDTV 1920x1080 (and so should the sequence settings).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019-10-20 (1).png

Do you see from panel in the top right that it's cutting off the top and bottom of the slide? 

I thought I selected 1920X1080 when I opened the slide, the highlighted section of the raw data screenshot seems to support that. 

2019-10-20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you used 1920x1080 but you did not fill the entire frame in Ill.

In Pr uncheck Set or Scale to framesize for the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah I see, I will need to edit it there because in premiere the scale to frame won’t change the proportions here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines