Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage goes Black and White when adding a Lut

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! 

So I wanted to ask for some help. When color grading I go through my luts and add one, not this lut should not make my footage black and white at all but it does. I was wondering if you anyone knows how to fix this problem. Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do your other luts work correctly? Does it display correctly in the preview area of the Lumetri Panel 'Creative' tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does display correction in the creative tab just when I apply it. It just ramdonly goes black and white 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only this LUT, or others?

Where did that LUT come from?

And where did you put in on the computer?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to other Luts aswell. It also just came from a Lut pack I bought online, Its just in the Creative folder inside the Luts folder inside of PR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all online LUTs are created equal, first. I've seen very few you don't need to test to find out their limitations.

Next ... it sounds like you mean you put that in the Premiere Pro program/package folder, in the LUTs/Creative folder? Where the original LUTs for the Creative tab are?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good, its just where I got the lut pack the person used it in PR and it seemed fine. Also yes I did out it where the Orginal Luts are in the creative tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's common but bad.

The app doesn't apply LUTs from those folders by name, but by relative location, as in "5th LUT down" after sorting the folder.

And neither AfterEffects nor MediaEncoder will see and use your custom LUT.

They have a chart with a couple locations each for Macs and PCs for users to store LUTs that will be used by all the apps, and by LUT name.

I use on my PCs ...

Program Files/Adobe/COMMON/LUTs ... and have the additional folders for:

- Input (for Interpret Footage use)

- Creative (Lumetri Creative tab)

- Technical (Lumetri Basic tab)

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines