• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FPS goes from 50 FPS to 25 when imported

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My camera shoots film at 50 FPS but when I import the clips to Premier it drops to 25 FPS. Can anyone explain why or how do change this? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Post sceenshot of clip in Mediainfo here on the forum. 50 frames could mean 50i which is in fact 25 fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nomenclature matters.

When talking about video specs, you always and only list out the frame rate.  Many cameras get this wrong, however, and list the field rate.  For example, 50i.  Technically, that means 50 interlaced frames per second, and there just is no such thing.  It should be listed as 25i, which means 25 interlaced frames per second.

My guess is your camera is listing it wrong.  Most do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post sceenshot of clip in Mediainfo here on the forum. 50 frames could mean 50i which is in fact 25 fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is common and most likely when you playback that footage its played at 25fps but since its shot on 50fps your footage will seem to be running at 50% speed. You can right-click and look for Interpret (its in a submenu) and change 25fps to 50fps. This changes the frame rate of the playback from 25 to 50, meaning from 50% to 100%.   This is usefull in many other cases. If you have real film grain assets that are capture at 24fps and your sequence is 25, when you edit that grain into your timeline, under the hood, it will get time-stretched from 24 to 25 meaning there will be some frame blending. If you go to interpret and change 24 to 25 then the grain will be running at 25fps as if the film projector was running at 25fps and capture on video at 25fps. This might not be visible for 24 to 25 projects but might be visible in 24 to 30fps projects. Hope ive helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines