• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame.io render without Media Encoder

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, is there a way to render the frame.io extension preview without using Media Encoder? I would like to render only using Premiere without opening another adobe program.

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Um  ... MediaEncoder is the primary encoding/exporting "engine" of Premiere Pro. Sending something "to" MediaEncoder simply allows Premiere to keep working while the encoding is going on.

So ... I guess I don't understand your problem here with Me ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um  ... MediaEncoder is the primary encoding/exporting "engine" of Premiere Pro. Sending something "to" MediaEncoder simply allows Premiere to keep working while the encoding is going on.

So ... I guess I don't understand your problem here with Me ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I wanted Premiere to export the video itself without needing to open Media Encoder, but I don't think there's a way, because you said Media Encoder is the primary engine, thank you for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The underlying working process is Premiere uses Me for all encodes ... period. Whether you see it via sending to it or encode "through" Premiere. It only opens a UI for it when you 'send to ... ' Me. That's the only difference.

So no matter how you export/encode, it's done by Me.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my test, AME did not open. I thought the render and the upload were VERY slow, however.

Were you rendering entirely through commands in the Frame.io window? I only played with this a little bit, so I may be missing something.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, only through the Frame.io window, I click on upload and then "active sequence", it asks for the preset and it starts rendering in AME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, there is no way to use the "Upload Active Sequence" option in the Frame.io panel without calling Adobe Media Encoder. If you already have it open, it saves a decent amount of time. In After Effects, the Frame.io panel uses aerender instead, so it won't open Media Encoder.

What is it about the use of Media Encoder that you dislike? Is it the visual of having another app open, performance, waiting on another app, something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendering that file through Premiere would mean that Premiere would completely stop as soon as you clicked to execute the render. That is what it always does, any time you 'render' or export straight from Premiere. Premiere has to shut down all other functions during a render.

So they assumed users would want to keep working while doing the renders for Frame.io, hence using MediaEncoder.

I don't know what your concerns are with using Me. Having been through this with the engineers, Premiere has enough Me code embedded within it to do a single 'render' option. The code is "borrowed" directly from Me, it essentially is Me within Premiere. The engineers who work on all their exporting aren't assigned to Pr "or" Me ... they're the same people. It's the same code.

So I have no clue what your concern would be.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, I'm the Product Manager for the Frame.io panel. I'm just trying to understand @Nicollas concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to meet you, Patrick! Just spent a number of hours with many of your colleagues here at NAB. And glad you're popping in.

And I just remembered, we never got over to the Frame.io booth, though we spent hours at the Adobe and other booths. Oops ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to worry. I spent the majority of my time at the Adobe booth. Maybe we ran into each other and just didn't know it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick, so, my annoyances are basically the ones you mentioned (Is it the visual of having another app open, waiting on another app), but I believe it's a matter of habit, it's a new tool in my daily life, I'll adapt, thanks for the time 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me know if you find adapting to be annoying or difficult. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines