Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I have found  out to my cost that Adobe premiere cannot cope with the XF-AVC Long-gop footage form a canon 5rc.   I have been editing a project and  I keep on seeing the warning "Frame Substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attmpts on file".  Some of the footage (bizarrely not the footage shot in canon log 3) then is made unsuable by a pulsing effect that I cannot get rid of it.  It makes no difference if I create proxies or any of the other  fixes I have seen suggested here.  So I have had to start again and transcode to prores.  Is there any suggestions for resolving this issue?  I see that this is an issue with many users.  Could Adobe tell me when tthey expect this to be resolved? Is it the asame with the All-i footage?  I have an early 8gb M1 macbook which I apopreciate is no ideal - but have had no issues with any of the footageI  have edited from a canon c200 and a canon 5d mkiv.   Maybe Adobe should advise users that premier should not  be used to edit XF-AVCLong-gop footage. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello zorigto,

Sorry for the issue. My suggestion is to shoot in a more performant codec. The camera you mentioned shoots 10-bit 4:2:2 4K footage in the XF-AVC format. Is that the format you used? If so, you cannot expect typical performance with your computer. Only the latest Intel CPUs can handle that footage, currently, in Premiere Pro. Since you are running a Mac that does not have newer Intel CPUs, it would follow that you'd have to make some compromises in your workflow, such as using transcodes or proxies. Is that OK?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply.  Whilst I wouldn't have been surprised with needing to use proxies and the play back to be glitchy.  I didn't expect the exported footage (even when using proxies)  to be unsuable.   I have had no problems with any of the 4k footage from the Canon c200.  I realise now that is something to do with the 10bit 422 xf avc long gop footage that adobe premier in combination with  macbook M1  2020 macbook cannot read properly.  It would have been good to have known this beforehand.  Do you know if there are any issues with the M2 macbooks and this format footage when editing with  adobe premiere?   

Thanks

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines