• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green horizontal lines & distorted colors

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! This is a "blast from the past" that is rearing it's ugly head again. I had this issue solved earlier by updating my Intel HD Graphics 620 driver (running on Win 10, 64-bit).
About 3 days ago, these green lines are back! I've updated Windows 10, updated the graphics driver, uninstalled and re-installed it, rolled it back, re-installed - nothing works. Dell AND Microsoft are sending me to Adobe for help this time.
Help, please!

green lines.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows OS and Dell may both have their ideas of the 'latest approved' driver, and it could be as much as three years old. So RJL has noted here that at times when you manually update the system-approved but ancient driver to a new one, and then either reboot or the OS does an update of itself, it reverts you back to the old useless driver.

I would guess that may be the issue here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your insight, Neil. I wish it was that easy, but unfortunately not. I have the latest driver for my graphics card, which is what throws me a bit as Premier Pro has worked just perfectly on that very driver.  I don't know what else it can be? I can roll back the driver to the previous version, but that will instead give me the "pink & green screen."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue just recently and I noticed quite a number of post with the same issue in the last few days.  I did a bit of troubleshooting, it's not Windows 10 updates, but it's the video driver.  In my case, I have an even weaker integrated Intel Graphic 520, I recently updated the driver through Intel and Premiere didn't like it.  I downgraded my driver and used the Adobe baseline one:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/drivers-video-win-intel.html

Everything is fine after the downgrade on both Premier Pro 2019 v. 13.15 and 2020 v. 14.2. I'm assuming any version in between will be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MiriamBOK,

Sorry about this poor experience. We have a new version of Premiere Pro (v14.3) available for download. Please update Premiere Pro to the latest build and check if it's working properly. If you are still experiencing the issue, try these steps and check if it's helping.

• Install the baseline Intel Graphics driver and check if it's working properly.
  • If it's still not working, open Device Manager from the Start menu.
  • Navigate to Display adapters > Intel UHD Graphics
    (the name of this Intel GPU might be different depending on the model of Intel GPU installed on your system)
  • Right-click on the Intel UHD Graphics (or the Intel GPU that you see in the list) > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of available drivers > select Microsoft Basic Display Adapter & click Next.
  • Once the driver is updated, check if Premiere Pro is working properly.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is happening to me now. Using dell xps 13, recently updated windows 10 and my Intel 620. There are days when there are no lines and then just when I'm about to work on a project, the lines are back 😞 it disappears when I disable to intel graphic driver but makes my laptop a bit slow. Did you find the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines