• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

H264 interlaced hardware encode

Participant ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have a question about interlaced hardware encoding in h264.
I have PC with Intel 9900K CPU with iGPU quick sync technology and Nvidia 2600 super GPU
I have Interlaced project 1080i and I want to export interlaced H264. I know that Premiere immediately switch to Software encoder when you want to export Interlaced H264 because NVENC doesn't support it.

I use Edius and I can use hardware encoder of iGPU when exporting interlaced H264 so it is possible. I also use Voukoder plugin for export in Premiere and I can set to use quick sync and exporting interlaced H264, so it is possible to be implement.

And this is my question....why Adobe Premiere doesn't use hardware encoder of iGPU (quick sync technology) of processor, when can't use hardware encoder on Nvidia NVENC or gave user opportunity to choose which encoder to se: NVENC, Quick sync or Software encoder?

TOPICS
Export , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

I am disappointed to tell you this, but Adobe does not currently support the use of two hardware H.264/HEVC encoders simultaneously. If a discrete GPU is installed and enabled, that GPU will take over completely from that of the integrated graphics processor for hardware encoding. That means that depending on the specific GPU, either no hardware encoding at all (in the case of many low-end discrete GPUs) or only progressive-scan hardware encoding will be used in Premiere Pro.

And there is curren

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am disappointed to tell you this, but Adobe does not currently support the use of two hardware H.264/HEVC encoders simultaneously. If a discrete GPU is installed and enabled, that GPU will take over completely from that of the integrated graphics processor for hardware encoding. That means that depending on the specific GPU, either no hardware encoding at all (in the case of many low-end discrete GPUs) or only progressive-scan hardware encoding will be used in Premiere Pro.

And there is currently no way at all for the user to manually select the hardware encoder. This means that if any discrete GPU is detected, then Premiere will use only that discrete GPU for hardware encoding - period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines