• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hardware encoding Issue on h.264 video export: Premiere Pro 2022 on 2021 Imac w/ m1 Chip

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated premiere pro 2022 on my 2021 imac (m1 chip processor).

I have never had this issue on the 2021 version of premiere, but now when I try export a h.264 video from timeline like I've always done, I get an error message about compiling the video.

I have tried all these suggestions already:

- restarted the computer

- made a new sequence 

- made a new project 

*none of these worked. 

Also for some reason after I updated premiere, I can no longer click on the drop-down box for the video renderer settings in my project settings. The box that reads "mercury playback engine ...." is grayed-out and unable to be selected or reconfigured. From what I've gathered, this means premiere is not able to read my mac's GPU maybe?

H.264 videos will export fine when I select "software encoding" on the export settings of my project. But I'd like to be able to use the Hardware encoding. Any help figuring out how to fix the issue of hardware from an M1 chip apple machine not being able to work with premiere pro (and the 2022 version of Pr specifically) would be IMMENSELY appreciated. I am losing my mind trying to figure this out.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, Scotty. What happens if you work in a 4K sequence and do not scale it down to HD? Scaling adds on a layer of complexity. Another thing to try is to create HD transcodes and use those in an HD sequence, which would be even easier on that machine. 

I've read that the Mac you have has a GPU about as powerful as an NVIDIA 1080ti, so there may be limitations in performance when you have 4K, scaling, and effects in a large project. I am bummed that you can't get decent performance, though.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have same issue with both of my M1 Max and ultra macs! 
Never had such a problem in Davinci or Final cut!

Working with 4K footages Prores 422 HLG and cannot export H264 or HEVC with hardware encoder! So I have to export them as Prores and convert them using compressor or Davinci!😐

please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same...M1 Max - Macbook Pro. Need to render out as ProRes then downconvert.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone from Adobe! Please respond! There are now 26 replies in this thread. One would hope this would be enough to flag someone's attention to respond to this issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Product Support Manager Kevin Monahan has several posts in this thread ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines