• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has the clip marker problem been resolved in Premiere cs6?

Contributor ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the clip marker problem been resolved in Premiere CS6.  As of early July, it was not!  Navigating, synchronizing clips seems impossible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Not sure if this is still an issue for you... but you have to uncheck the:

Preferences > Media > Write clip markers to XMP

You may have to remake those markers once it is unchecked so the setting will apply to the second set of footage that is being referenced.

See here:

Premiere Pro Clip Markers – Solved! - Creative Impatience

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recieved this solution after filling out a request form, it worked for me:

That's fine for setting a Clip Marker.  You can also activate the keyboard shortcut for adding one right in the sequence.

The larger issue with CS6 is that we can no longer navigate to clip markers directly in the sequence.  That ability has been removed entirely, and is sorely missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

I recieved this solution after filling out a request form, it worked for me:

The larger issue with CS6 is that we can no longer navigate to clip markers directly in the sequence.  That ability has been removed entirely, and is sorely missed.

I agree, that's not a good feature to lose. I let the team know about your requests, so they certainly know about the deficiency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Here's hoping enough people feel the same so the situation get's corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

Correct. Clip markers that cannot be navigated to are pretty useless. That'e one of the main checkmarks on my list AGAINST using Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clip markers that cannot be navigated to are pretty useless.

I know, right?  This is definitely a half-feature without that easy navigation in the sequence.  It's like a car without an engine.  It'll roll on it's wheels if you push it, and eventually get you where you need to go, but man it sure takes more effort than it should to get that car going without an engine to drive it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch my video tutorial, it explains it all and the best possible way. [IT USES CLIP MARKERS, and no, the did not disappear]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am getting in CS6 is I make a marker in the clip itself on the video track to match the clapper board sound to the separate audio I recorded (to its clapper board sound).  I switch the screen to use audio units so I can scrub in many thousandths of a second to accurately match both clips using the markers i create in both audio and video clip waveforms.

(Basically syncing video and audio clips together.)

On re-opening the scene If I load up the track again, it seems the marker in a clip has moved!!! - usually the video clip sound file. So the sound will now be slightly off to what I matched up (to thousandths of a second). Does premiere not support this level of detail?.

As an editing tool this is a KEY FEATURE. So WHY does it NOT WORK?
Or can you please provide a solution please.

I also sometimes get a notification that the metadata isnt saving either, and dont know if this is affecting this, or how to resolve this.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

#unavailable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is still an issue for you... but you have to uncheck the:

Preferences > Media > Write clip markers to XMP

You may have to remake those markers once it is unchecked so the setting will apply to the second set of footage that is being referenced.

See here:

Premiere Pro Clip Markers – Solved! - Creative Impatience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will this mean i can finally call 3 markers from 3 cameras 'drum' and have them sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines