• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble with Essential Graphics Title Templates

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to learn how to add a simple title with a rectangle box around it at the beginning of my video's. There is a actually a template that would be a great starting point in essential graphics. However when I go to grab it and drag it to my sequence it won't allow me to do it. There is a little fist symbol. I have tried searching and I just can't figure out what is going on. Can anyone walk me through this? I am new to Premier so please keep that in mind when describing what I need to do.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

When the mogrt's don't "drop" properly it is typically because of an improper bit of work on the mogrt or a version issue between the mogrt and whichever Pr version you are using. And there are some of the included ones that can be problematical.

Which Pr version ... number-dot-number from the Help/About menu ... are you using?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click down and drag the Mogrt you want to an available video track on the timeline. The cursor will change when you drag over the timeline to show that you are in an area you can place the graphic:

ScreenFlow.gif

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meg when I click down and drag the template over the little fist with the circle stays and it won't let me drop it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a sequence open in the timeline?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I do. I thought that the video I am working on was considered a sequence. If that is the case then yeas the video was open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way I can replicate what you are seeing on my system is to try to drag a Mogrt into the timeline where there is no sequence open. If this is not the case with you and you see your sequence and cannot place it there, are you dragging the graphic to the video portion of the sequence (the top portion of the sequence) and not the audio portion of the sequence (the lower portion)?

ScreenFlow2.gif

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot of your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so my timeline is open but I don't belive a sequence is open. I don't really understand the whole concept of a sequence so I apologize.

Premier Screen SHot.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The timeline is the window that populates the sequence.

The sequence contains the clips, audio etc.

One can have more then one sequence.

Your sequence in the timeline is called MVI_3182 same as the first clip you dragged into the timeline to create the sequence.

I dont understand why you are unable to drag a template into the sequence.

Might want to rename the project instead of a copy of a copy etc.

Alternative make new project and import this into. And try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the quickie job here ... but this look at your image shows everything ..

SeqeunceClip Example.PNG

The left-side thumb in the Project panel has icons for video and audio content as it is a clip's thumb. The right-side thumb has a Sequence icon showing, as it's a Sequence thumb.

Note the name of the timeline area is the same as the name on the Sequence thumb. If you change the name of the Sequence thumb, the name in the Timeline header will of course change also.

Clips are the individual media files of audio/video. Sequences are audio/video clips moved to the timeline area to join together.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I appreciate it guys. But no matter what I do when I go to drag the template into my timeline like Meg did the little fist stays and it doesn't let me drop it in. I even closed the project and tried another one. Is there a setting I need to check to be able to have access to this function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK when Pr is acting weird time to trash preferences.

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the mogrt's don't "drop" properly it is typically because of an improper bit of work on the mogrt or a version issue between the mogrt and whichever Pr version you are using. And there are some of the included ones that can be problematical.

Which Pr version ... number-dot-number from the Help/About menu ... are you using?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil you got it! I was using the 2018 version. I switched to 2019 and it is working perfect. Now I am able to drag the template over to my timeline. I really appreciate everyone's help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanna get folks working again ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mbogosia  wrote

Premier Screen SHot.PNG

It looks like you all figured it out already (way to go Neil!).. But that mogrt you have highlighted... That's a Rush mogrt, which means you have installed and launched Rush on that system at some point. Rush 1.0 came out last fall. You need to be on last falls' version of Pr CC 2019.0 or higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James, it would be awfully nice if somehow there was an easy way for users to see mogrt creation/use information. This is an issue with a number of mogrts, where they appear but oh, aren't usable with X version of Pr.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not exactly what you want, but for what it's worth, stock mogrts do display info about version compatibility that is not in Pr's EGP if you go to the stock website. Your request to make that info more accessible and user friendly is noted.

StockInfo.png

Outside of Stock, the desired state is that you get a warning on install if it is not compatible, and that it then does not show up in the browser if incompatible. Cases where this doesn’t happen are NOT behaving as designed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem and it turned out to be a really (really) stupid error on my part.   I  upgraded to latest version and still had the fist symbol.  However...the shortcut I had pinned to my Windows taskbar was pointing me to the 12.x install that was still on my PC.  New shortcut added, old one removed and problem solved...essential graphics working like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I have a problem with my Essential Graphics Panel. Whenever I want to use the templates that are already in my premiere pro I get an error message and my Premiere crashes. Even worse when I install the Mogrt it says no file found

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines