• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed with Aegisub - urgent!

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I haven't had any luck finding a solution for this online, so I'm hoping somebody here can help. Basically, I have an hour long video that I need to subtitle at exactly 10-second intervals (I know it's a terrible way to subtitle a video but it's how I was asked to do it). How can I quickly set up the blank subtitle lines without having to individually change the times of each one? 

Alternatively, I have an srt file already with the subtitles in a different language, but those subtitles aren't at 10-second intervals, they match the timing of the video (if that makes sense). Would there be any way to combine and re-split those subtitles into 10-second intervals? 

I hope someone can help, I need to know by tomorrow! Thank you!!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

I have never done this. But here is what I would try.

Let's assume you have the text for the captions in a file with no timecodes. Open the free Subtitle Edit. File -> Import plain text. Then in the dialogue,  set to "One line is one subtitle," check "Generate time codes," and set the Duration to "fixed" and 10000 (10,000 milliseconds = 10 seconds). The resulting captions have timecodes at 10 seconds, 20 seconds, etc.

I can think of several reasons this may not work....

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never done this. But here is what I would try.

Let's assume you have the text for the captions in a file with no timecodes. Open the free Subtitle Edit. File -> Import plain text. Then in the dialogue,  set to "One line is one subtitle," check "Generate time codes," and set the Duration to "fixed" and 10000 (10,000 milliseconds = 10 seconds). The resulting captions have timecodes at 10 seconds, 20 seconds, etc.

I can think of several reasons this may not work....

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please send your client a sample of how this would work... or actually doesn't work.

They'll quickly come to the conclusion that setting subs at fixed intervals makes absolutely no sense when trying to follow dialogue...

Sometimes it's better to be bold towards clients that don't know what they're doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines