• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! "File contains more than one image descriptor"

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this error message posted several times but none seem to have a solution that works for me.

I have a large Quicktime ProRes 4444 Alpha file that won't import into Premier or Adobe products. It does playback in QT but in Pr it give me the message "We were unable to open the file on disk. File contains more than one image descriptor."

I'm on an M1 Mac and I exported a clip with an alpha using Compressor. What does it mean when it says the file contains more than one image descriptor?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into this same problem trying to take ProRes 4:4:4:4 files output from Apple FCP-X into Adobe AE or Premiere. I found that taking the problematic ProRes 4:4:4:4 files into Apple Compressor and re-outputting them as new ProRes 4:4:4:4 files solves the problem. Note that compressor has to be set to "ProRes 4:4:4:4" and NOT to "ProRes 4:4:4:4 with Alpha."  The "Preserve Alpha" button in the video setting must NOT be checked (this is the default setting).

This is, obviously, not the most elegant solution. But at least it works.

This was posted by Dean358

here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/quot-we-were-unable-to-open-file-on-disk-quo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I saw that thread and ended up having to re-render in Resolve. It took seconds and plays fine. Bizzare. I did a test last week and it worked fine. Today, it kept giving me that message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines