Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Help with an error I've never seen before: "No Duration To Export"

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a ~1 minute sequence with a few captions, sound clips, music and a single adjustment layer with some very light Lumetri effects. When I try to export it, I get an "Error Compiling Movie" error, and the details say "No Duration to Export".  WHen I look at my timeline, there truly is no duration showing, although the last thing I did before trying to export it was trimming some of the clips to get the project time down under 1 minute for IG. All the assets for the project are in the project file I created on my network drive, as is the project itself.  I tried changing the location of the project, but I get the same error.

I pre- rendered the entire project before trying to export. I also tried exporting as Prores 422, and also changed the renderer to "software only", which usually does the trick of I have any export errors, but not this time.

I'm doing this on a Dell XPS 15 laptop, accessing a hard drive on my network. I've done lots of vids this way, so I can't figure out what's causing the error.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest exporting the video in small chunks by marking in & out in the timeline and export only the in & out range. Another thing you can try is to copy all the project files into the local system and then try exporting them. You can easily collect all the files from the network drive into the local drive using the Project manager in the premiere pro.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean to be dense, but what does exporting in chunks accomplish if it's successful? Then I'd have several video files when what I want is a single 1-minute video.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried:

Another thing you can try is to copy all the project files into the local system and then try exporting them. You can easily collect all the files from the network drive into the local drive using the Project manager in the premiere pro.

as suggested by Vishu_Aggarwal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines