• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with animating kerning in Premiere Pro...

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone on here, or can anyone suggest someone or a source by which I can 
hire a person to tutor me online?  I work a lot with Premiere Pro and use templates sometimes. 
But when I try to look at how the template was constructed I'm totally lost.  I can't seem to open up the layers and see what they did.
An example would be this template, since animating kerning is not an option how did they do it?
I tried to open it up on the timeline but it does not reveal the layers.  It isn't a composite created in AE it exists in Premiere somehow. 
Anyone know of someone who can help me with this?
Thanks, Ken 
TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

we are user to user group.. and have nothing to do with adobe. we don't encourage people to try to sell or promote there own products, etc.

Anyone answering your question in the affermative would be potentially a rip off artist looking to get money from a basic 'idiot' ( one born every day ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad I was a "basic idiot" and bought Roland's typeGEM tool. It is exactly what I wanted and at a resonable price!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad you are satisfied and I regret that I suggested you wanted short cuts because you are new and ignorant of ( not stupid, but ignorant ) what AE can do, etc. So many people who are new just want a quick and easy solution to problems, which often leads to them never learning the tools of the Adobe programs. They buy plug ins and get some temporary solution to their immediate difficulty, and then they don't enjoy the basic tools of what Adobe provides.

Roland takes advantage of that and I'm sure he's very happy ( as you are ) that he sold his product.

That is not what this forum is about, honestly. I've been around here more than 30 years and the forum has gone through many iterations and challenges to help people LEARN TO USE THE PROGRAMS.

I'm glad you're happy and for once responded to me personally. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'll take quite a bit of time to teach someone AE's Text Tool. I developed typeGEMs to help creative editors have easy access to AE's Text Tool while adding lots of other features.

Here's a Promo Video - https://youtu.be/eFyI81RfAGI

More info here - https://gumroad.com/products/cWGyO/

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken,

I do this work using text animators and animation presets in After Effects. The opening text effect is animating the tracking, which is a common effect not available in any NLE unless you use plug-ins.

Check out Roland's typeGEMs if you do not have access to After Effects or you would rather remain in Premiere Pro. I don't know of any other way to pull this off. 

Thanks,.
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin,
That is what I suspected but wanted to ask.
I could still use a good premier/tutorial on deep
layering in Premiere if you know of any.
Thanks!
Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found this tutorial which may suit your needs. But it's very limiting and requires a fresh start for every new word, font, color. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=adobe+premiere+pro+animate+tracking#kpvalbx=_lKEb...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a Social Distancing feature in the forums.  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For $29.90 ( 10 cents less than $30.00, so it's a bargain ) you and maybe ( if I'm lucky ) another 100,000 idiots will buy this thing... and I can make a gazillion dollars for nothing ! Yippee !

You can use fusion in resolve for free and do what you want.

What a stupid forum this is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked Roland to stop promoting his stuff here before... so I'll say it again... we don't want you here !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one I know would take anything you say or write seriously. You're an exceptionally nasty individual. If you were smarter, nicer and found a way to get hired here, then perhaps soon enough, with patience, someone may take you seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this isn't a store to sell your products. The forums are not to be used to sell your products.

Tell someone who cares what you think about your reaction to my criticism....as I don't care.

Tell the guy how to do it using AE if you really want to impress somebody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's none of your business if someone wants to provide a solution to a Q which requires a purchase or if the solution is simple enough, with a post. It's very obvious you have no say here and yet you continue to imagine/pretend/hallucinate according to your warped sense of self-appreciation. Seriously, give yourself a break. Then allow same to others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roland, acting like a child and calling me names and so on will not alter the fact that this forum is not to be used to sell your own products. If you want to complain about my criticism ( this is the 2nd time you did this in the past couple years ) talk to the forum managers who made the rules for this forum regarding selling products here.

So keep a lid on your own ranting if you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you for setting Forum Rules for a forum you do not own nor are allowed to have any say in.
Others with a sensible brain can easily acknowledge that my initial answer was spot on; with respect to the OP. Whether I replied with a solution that was a product that required a purchase of my own development, of someone else's, a tutorial from someone with a tutorial without monetizing facilities or someone with a tutorial with monetized featurres; these are really none of your business. And that you go on a tirade filled with spurious personal attacks while not providing one bit of positive, helpful intelligent input to the OP and the readers here, really speaks volumes of your initial intent, hitherto.

I humbly suggest you make a valiant and accurate report to Kim Jong Un, of your imagined issues here. Please include the following -

---------------------------------------------------

typeGEMs V2 is in effect THREE products.

1) typeGEMs V2 - a lean and mean/powerful per Character Text Animation Tool for Adobe Premiere Pro

2) typeGEMs V2 - with AutoResizing Shapes

3) typeGEMs V2 - with 25 PPro Templates

And you get a lifetime of free updates/upgrades. It's really a no-brainer. typeGEMs V2 is truly the closest thing you'll get to having AE's Text Tool in Adobe Premiere Pro.

------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

===========

It's really a no-brainer. typeGEMs V2 is truly the closest thing you'll get to having AE's Text Tool in Adobe Premiere Pro.

==========

Adobe has many nice products and AE is one of them. Adobe wants people to learn (get help) using these products, which is why this forum exists. If you could explain how the poster can use AE to do what he wants it would help the poster and Adobe.

The rest of your continued ranting is worthless noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! Thank you so much for the info about typeGEMs V2 . I never knew this
existed! It is exactly what I was looking for! Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in text there is kerning ( spaces between individual characters or letters ), tracking, which is overall expansion or contraction of a whole LINE of text, and leading, which is the space between two or more LINES of text ( above and below each other ).

These things are especially important in TYPESETTING when using various fonts, and things like DROP CAPS and so on... 

It's part of the ART of typesetting, which in college ( if you go to art school ) is called CALIGRAPHY.

You can make your own fonts, if you learn that stuff in school, and you can use Adobe ILLUSTRATOR to do it if you care to put in the time to make that stuff ... your own fonts.

Anyway, animating this stuff is really easy.. but you have to know what you are adjusting and do it in steps and do it not only with the adjustments ( tracking, kerning, leading ) but in TIME ( for your particular clip length and so on... )

Don't be fooled into paying people money for junk you can do yourself better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The vast majority of software support 3rd party tools. You have an exceptional nasty attitude in general and you compound it with spurious personal attacks. Calling someone's else's work as junk without knowing much about it is diabolocal. No one who has purchased typeGEMs V2 has asked for a refund and I have ZERO complaints on the product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, this is 'LEARN AND BE INSPIRED ', remember ? YOU said you wanted to make this more into creative forum rather than simply solving kids having trouble with their using the programs on their laptops and ipods or whatever they use ( which doesn't work well ).

Get with it....

TEACH and be more inspirational. Your stuff is beautiful.. what I've seen you do...so stop being lazy.

TEACH and explain and give advice that means something more than some auto junk ( plug ins ??? ) and get more involved here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salvo has some very useful and interesting comments here. He also at times does get a bit cranky. And he is most welcome to participate.

The actual rules about 'selling' things refer to plain ads in general, or someone who would say punch in on any potential topic where their tool could be used.

Mentioning 3rd party plugins that are paid for is specifically allowed on these forums, as pro video post applications are normally used with a number of paid add-ons. I've got both TypeGems and the full RedGiant suite, the Autokroma BRAW Studio and AfterCodecs plugins, a couple others.

Compared to most colorists I know, I've nearly a 'virgin' machine for plugins. Geez ... I look at the list of plugins some of my peers use and am amazed. They've got as many plugins as Premiere starts with total effects. So having any useful discussion forum for professional workflows that doesn't include the use of plugins that Premiere is specifically and intentionally designed to use would be plain silly.

When other vendors for "partner" (3rd party) software occasionally visit this forum to assist the needs of this user-base it is a very good thing. Such as Nicholas from Autokroma popping in, even being so generous as to help users of the BlackMagic plugin sort out the troubles from using that plugin. Roland pops in every few months to help out, and I've never seen anything that in all the discussions I've been through is 'out of line' in any way shape or form. If he did, I think that Kevin Monahan or one of his staff would message Roland directly about it.

Roland is an experienced, capable, and very helpful person in dealing with graphics and any text thing in Premiere. Personally, I wish he popped in more often.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, that was a nice post with balanced and good observations about the two subjects.

One, unfortunately, due to my heavy handed approach, about the rantings, and the other about the use of plug ins.

I have absolutely NO PROBLEM when someone says something like, " you can check out so and so's plug in cause it's really helped me a ton ! " and then give a link to that product.

Same goes for your tutorials whether free or behind paywall.

I HATE it when people promote themselves as the 'vendor' of that stuff, cause eventually this forum becomes a garden for all sorts of potentially bad things. And the promotion of the Adobe products themselves is the REAL solution ( with basic comments about what tools to use within the program ).

I understand what you're saying, and if someone wants to promote their own product they can send a PM to that poster. This aint the place to promote ourselves for personal gain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got baseball on FOX and some cameras are rigged to put in virtual 'crowds' in the stands...when a ball gets hit foul etc. There are no fans at the stadium. But, you see a crowd on some shots ( not all cameras have the correct PLUG IN yet )

I hope I don't get in trouble cause I told my wife I was going to the lower 40 to mow hay and she sees me on TV eating a hot dog and drinking beer with a friend at the ball game !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines