• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I download an older version of Premier Pro - CS6?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Mac OS 10.10.5 Yosemite, and need an older version of Premier Pro.  I downloaded CS 6 onto an external hard-drive last year, but I forgot to bring it with me on my trip.  Now, I'm traveling and I've spent hours online trying to connect via chat with Adobe with no success.  Before spending $$$ on long distance internaitonal calls (last time I called it took over an hour), I thought I'd check here!  Where can I download an older version of Premier Pro CS6 - and how do I direct it to a particular drive?  

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

It is not true to say that CS6 versions are no longer avilable for download!

They are all available here:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html 

You must follow the given download instructions exactly, and of course, you must have a valid PERPETUAL licence for the CS6 software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm sorry to have to report that there is no way to download and activate any other versions than those available with the CC application. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain the logic behind this regretful decision?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The logic is two-fold:

1. Much of the functionality of those earlier versions of Premiere Pro were provided by third-party companies. Adobe merely had a limited-time license to use the given versions of such plugins in its products (and were embedded into the program itself and were neither upgradeable nor updatable), and when those licenses expired, Adobe became liable for any litigation that would also drag consumers (Creative Cloud subscribers) into such litigation. (This applies only to subscription software, including any normally perpetually-licensed versions downloaded and installed solely through a subscription service.) In other words, if Adobe itself were to have been sued by those third-party companies for intellectual property infringement, you would have been part of the defendants' group, which meant that you would have been liable for infringement as well. As a result, starting in late 2017, Adobe pulled most of its products ithat incorporated an AC3 audio encoder off of distribution, and expanded in May 2019 to include almost all older versions. As such, not only might you have had to pay many thousands of dollars to those third-party plugin companies, but that the Creative Cloud subscription rates for monthly subscribers would not have been $56 per month, but would have instead been hundreds or even thousands of dollars per month. That's what we don't want.
  2. Because of the new policy beginning in May 2019, Adobe is now restricting availability to the two newest major versions of any of its Creative Cloud software.

So there you have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the previous reply stated, Adobe is now restricting CC download availability to the two most recent major versions of all CC apps. You cannot download any version of CS6 anywhere any more unless you can prove that you had already purchased a full-cost license prior to the official end of its availability back in early 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I download the current "Catalina" software from Apple, will I be able to download the most recent version of Premier Pro?  The reason I never updated the software is becuase this is a 2015 MacbookPro and I didn't wanna mess up anything.  I pretty much use it for web browsing and Microsoft Office. 

By the way, someone sent me a private message, but I think it's a scam!  His name is Matthew Cove and he said to contact: Adobe24x7@gmail.com.  Obviously it is NOT an Adobe email and I'm not going to download anything from him.  Grrr!  

Thanks, everyone!  šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>name is Matthew Cove

Is that the scammer's Adobe ID, or the name inside the email?

If you go back to the private message and find the forum identity and post it here he will be banned

Such as YOU are https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/17294935

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me? I pay for the Adobe Creative Cloud each month and I barely even use it! I just asked a simple question today because I am traveling abroad and need help! 

I wanted to let the group know that I received a very suspicious message from someone with username Matthew_Cove that did not seem legitimate. I'm not sure why I would be banned when I'm simply asking a question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go back and read my reply again

I said "he will be banned" and I gave your ID as an example of what is needed to ban someone

I never said that YOU would be banned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I have to admit I was confused by your message at first...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - I gather there was a misunderstanding!  Appreciate everyone's help!

And in the meantime, yet ANOTHER scammer contacted me via private message, instructing me to send an email to the Adobe team using gmail:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/17295157

https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/17293591 

Anyway, for now I will try to use Adobe Rush.  It seems easy enough and given that I am traveling, I don't necessarily want to update a software system to Catalina and make everything crash.  Especially since I am not clear if that would solve the issue.  If I download Catalina, can I start working in Premier Pro again?  (for future reference)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for raising this up, maryann617! I've banned them both, and will keep my eyes open in case I see more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not true to say that CS6 versions are no longer avilable for download!

They are all available here:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html 

You must follow the given download instructions exactly, and of course, you must have a valid PERPETUAL licence for the CS6 software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem there is that only the very first 6.0.0 version is available, and any updates are now no longer available any more unless you call Adobe's support by telephone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I download Premiere Pro cs6 free version  please tell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, there is no such thing. Creative Suite 6 is nearly 10 years old now, end-of-life, completely unsupported, and Adobe has not sold or offered it for over five years.

Any "free version" you might see elsewhere (from non-Adobe sources) is definitely counterfeit and likely unsafe.

In any event, due to changes that Apple made removing all support for 32-bit applications, CS6 also will not install on modern operating systems like macOS Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, or newer. It may possibly run on Windows, although plenty of users have still reported issues over the years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines