Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Καταγραφή.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

I've found a way to fix this but I've only gotten so far.. Go to Windows Defender Security Center in your settings. Turn off all of the protections, Real-time, Cloud-delivered and Automatic. Once you have done this run the program and you wont have no errors or problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Controlled Folder Access is in "off" position anyway and I am getting the error. Are you saying to make it "On" and then add those controlled access? Because if mine is off, I feel like it should work... ugh.

I teach in a computer lab. It's only happening on one computer, but I am concerned the whole room is going to have problems soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have no idea why it happened to mine. All I can tell you is I noticed in the Windows notifications (bottom right in the taskbar) that AE/PPro/AME were denied acces to the internet. Clicking the alert brought me to Controlled Folder Access, where I navigated to “Premiere.exe“ to allow it acces. Same for Aftereffects.exe and AME. No trouble since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even access the Controlled Folder Acess feature, haven't a clue why but that just adds to my rage that I can't fix this issue in the first place. I've tried fresh installs, removing preferences, removing Anti-virus and re-opening etc.

Is there any other way you know of fixing this issue?

I really don't understand why Adobe aren't available/won't let us contact them directly for support. Going off what another user said after remote access or whatever it seems they don't even know what causes it themselves.

Please let me know if you know of any other ways to fix it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sam_burty This might be a workaround, although I'm not sure how and why: When Adobe Remote Support took over my pc they created a new user called "Administrator" on my pc (I only had default "User" with full administrator rights) installed AE there (PPro in your case?) and when the same error popped up there was a Windows notification about the app being denied acces - leading to Controlled Folder Acces. This is where Adobe stopped helping, and where I got the idea to go look for it under the default "User" profile. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.

Giving it a go now with the new user, will update if it works.

If not, I might try wiping all adobe applications off my pc and reinstalling and signing in again.

Would love help from Adobe with this -__-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My school is a Certiport testing center. I isolated my problem.

Sometimes, when students would test, the Windows path to the Pictures folder or Documents folder would "path" incorrectly (like to the P drive or something). When I repaired that error, it worked without incident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems like the obvious answer, but how were you able to change the path without being able to access the application?

I'm either being really dumb or this is unnecessarily complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

defffffffffffff.JPG

I right clicked the Documents folder. It said some other path. I clicked Restore Default. Just in the Windows explorer/file view, not inside any program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhhhh I see. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're an absolute star! Solved my problem.

I think I caused the issue when backing up and re-jigging data to free space on my C: drive, but it's odd that it even causes this issue in the first place.

Anyway, thanks a lot saved me a lot of stress...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem..  using Windows 7.  how do i fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Windows defender security center and add an allowed app

c:\program files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro cc 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am Agree with

tl3k Mar 4, 2018 7:34 AM (in response to Jim_Simon)

First open (Windows 10) Settings

Go in Update and Security -> Windows Defender -> Open Windows Defender Security Center

On the left side, click on Virus and Threat Protection

Under Controlled Folder Access click on Allow an app through Controlled folder access

Click on the + (Add an allowed app) sign and browse to the install location of your adobe Premiere Pro install

The  Default location is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

So the problem here is that Premiere Pro try to access a folder on your system, but windows defender is blocking it because the folder is in your Documents folder. By doing so you allow Premiere Pro to access your Documents folder and probably other file in there, but this solution is way much safer then disabling windows defender completly.

Hope this help a few, i search a while to figure out how to get this app working on my system !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

other wise

just off the controlled folder access

go to ransomware protection and off the controlled folder access

but take care i have no idea about ransomware protection .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant. Worked. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all you need to do is add the app onto programs allowed access in windows defender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have fixed the problem on my machine. It has to do with Windows registry settings related to the default location of your documents folder. There are 2 separate areas in the registry that must be modified, followed by a reboot to fix this.

Just open up regedit and navigate to the following paths, one at a time, and change the value for "Personal" on each to the actual path of the Documents folder you use on your computer. I haven't seen this solution online anywhere, so hope this helps!!

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This resolved the issue for me. Thank you so much!! In the registery, I had to change the Shell folder and user shell folder's path for Pictures and Personal to C: drive from home directory on the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You likely have controlled folder access enabled, which blocks Premiere from accessing your folders. Once you give it permission, you shouldn't have any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines