• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I remove the first frame of every clips in Premiere Pro?

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got 84 clips in my timeline.

All of them starts the first frame with a black screen which is 00:00.

I want them to start at 00:01.

No black screen frame between every clips.

Is there anyway I can remove all the black screen frame at once but not repeat the same process 84 times?

They are composition( animation) imported through After Effects actually. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

You could also select every point with the ripple edit tool and then alt-right arrow to trim every front end. Then use close gap from the sequrnce menu to remove all the gaps.

Make sure the ripple trim selection is pointing to the right. the other direction would trim the out.

Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 7.00.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peterl32507710,

I do not think that is possible in Premiere Pro. Let's see if someone else can share a workaround for this task.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you put them in separate tracks and line them up, you can Select All and zoom in and then trim them all at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I'll have to create like 80 tracks to do this...Any other methods?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the two hours this discussion has been going on you could have done it manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can stack quite a few clips as multicam and cut the first frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You copy them and paste them into an AE comp. Then selects all and use the left bracket to line the start times up. page down one frame and use option left bracket to trim every clip. Then select all and right click, choose "keyframe assistant: sequence clips". This will put them back in order. Then just select all, copy and paste back into premiere.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also select every point with the ripple edit tool and then alt-right arrow to trim every front end. Then use close gap from the sequrnce menu to remove all the gaps.

Make sure the ripple trim selection is pointing to the right. the other direction would trim the out.

Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 7.00.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude you just saved me a ton of time.Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, You Rock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same need, but for 10 frames on each end of numerous clips so that I could put in cross-dissolves between them. So glad this question was asked and then answered with a real answer! Thank you! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not have any black from AE comps unless that black is actually in the comp.  I can't think of why anyone would put one black frame at the beginning of every comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines