• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I set mouse buttons as shortcuts?

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've got a mouse which has three keys on the left side which are not in use.

I want to use them to go a frame forward or backward so I went into the shortcut menu. I tried to set this mouse keys as a shortcut but it seems like Premiere Pro doesn't recognize any of my mouse keys

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro has no way to change mouse buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a game-controller mapping program that might work for you ... Xpadder ... you can go look it up.

Xpadder

It's around $10USD, and can map a lot of controls from gamer controls to mice & such to keys or combinations. I saw it yesterday, on another forum, from someone who is now editing using an X-box game controller and used this to set it all up. I'm thinking about getting it myself ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

autohotkey is free and easy/powerful to use. re-map/script mouse/keyboard/joystick etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mouse has its own software that maps  button functions to any of the short Cuts in Premiere ( and other applications)

Logitech G700S

Basically all it does is map any combination of keyboard "keys"  to any button...and these of course are what Shortcut Keys  are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this comment, just helped me big time 3 years later! 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ABSOLUTELY GENIUS! You probably just saved me hours of research! 🙂 thank you! I have a new Glorious -O mouse with two side buttons I wanted to map as zoom in and out. Not possible thru Premiere it seems, however mapping the buttons to the respective shortcut keys in the mouse own software worked like a charm. Once again, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks man. after 6 years 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this idea, even 7 years later! I was looking for a native shortcut edit in Premiere, but now I've added hotkeys to my Corsair mouse in iCue. I now have my foward/back side buttons as C and V so I can quickly use the razer and selection tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use X-Mouse Button Control. It's free. You can map any shortcut to any of you mouse buttons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines