• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make a digital movie with menus just like a DVD but as digital file?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there to all

I've been wondering since DVDs are getting old technology and used to be great with motion menus but now looks like everything is going to stream media content.

I'd like to produce a digital movie with motion menus, do exact the same thing like a DVD but export the final production with motion menus in a digital format

so when I share my digital movie will show up with motion menus first.

I'd like to have this happen for my family events so I can keep all together in a movie and menus for each part of the event.

do you guys know what I mean?

any ideas how can I achieve this?

I don't see Adobe getting into this.

Please, let me know

I'll really appreciate your help.

Thanks so much in advance

Have a wonderful day

Sifredo Vences

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what you mean.  I've been looking to do that also, but there is no satisfactory solution that I have found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bob

hey, thanks for writing

yeah, let keep in touch and whatever we found let's share that.

I love the great motion menus in the DVDs but I'd like to produce digital format to stream the same thing as DVD.

I don't understand why the big guys only make applications that produce one movie file without the option to add menus.

it's kind of plane just to open a file and the movie starts right away, I think it would be nice that instead,

when you open a file of a movie it should pop up the screen full of motion menus to navigate, see trailers , pictures, etc

and the button to PLAY the movie.

Talk to you later Bob

Have a wonderful day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of the problem is that your media must work with the player being used. With DVD, there was a very specific format that was based in the standards of the DVD player. Software emulators matched those specs (some better than others). And Encore added the ability to export a flash version with menus that ran in a web page - as long as it was flash capable. This still works btw, but the future of flash is too iffy to make that a great option.

Most TVs now accept a USB drive, but there are no specifications that provide for programming on the disk to get menus. It is the file system in the TV that is reading and displaying the file and folders on disk.

Lots of interest in a better way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think streaming from a website is the way to go.

This sample, when I look on laptop with IE at 150%, shows thumbnails that "play" if mouse hovers over it...so instead of being 'episodes' it could be 'chapters' like a DVD.

??

God Friended Me (Official Site) Watch on CBS All Access

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your input

I really appreciate it.

I'll check that out.

I heard about the USB too

Thanks

Freddy Vences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you guys those choices look nice.

I don't know how how good of software or process that would be to beat Premiere and Encore as before with menus\movie quality

but,

Thanks

Sifredo Vences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines