• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove Lumetri Color Video Effect?

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a simple video of a live performance with the mp3 that we recorded live.  The timeline automatically adds Lumetri Color effect to the clip.  I was happy with the video I shot since we had the lighting right.  How do I get rid of the Lumetri Color video effect?  I tried selecting the clip and going into editing and deleting Lumetri Color, but it doesn't change my preview.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't automatically add any color effects. If it did, you would see Lumetri listed as an effect in the Effects Control panel, and you could simply delete it.

But it doesn't ... so let's figure out what's actually happening.

What camera did you shoot the video with? An iPhone, perhaps? Or ... a Sony or Panny camera? I'm asking about those specifically, because there are things that can become an issue.

Such as ... iPhones seem to be defaulting to HDR/HLG mode now, and that's not really all that useful "here". So you would need to go to the clips in the Project panel bin, select one or more, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage, and set the Override option to Rec.709.

But ... the details as to the media, what it is for color space (found by checking the properties option from the Project panel) and such would be very helpful.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, thank you for replying!

Yes, I shot it with an iPhone12 camera.  I did exactly what you mentioned and it is exactly what I needed to correct.  Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, it's a complicated thing. They completely changed the underlying color system of Premiere in the Pr2022 version ... going from totally Rec.709 based to color-space agnostic.

And some of the default behaviors changed. Including the assumption that you wanted media to be transformed to Rec.709 unless you specifically told Pr otherwise. Now ... it doesn't. And yea, that's confusing a lot of users!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines