• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add tools to the toolbar

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some tools missing from my toolbar such as the TRACK SELECTION BACKWARD TOOL  among others.   How do I add more tools to the tool bar ?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're talking about tracking a mask backwards, that is in the controls for the mask in the Effects Control Panel ... unless I'm mistaking what you're trying to do.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking about the toolbar panel on the left side of the timeline, I would like to add more tools to the toolbar panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this time, I don't believe that is a user option.

To reveal associated tools, click on any tool with your mouse that has a small triangle in the lower right corner and hold.

Reveal More Tools.png

More associated tools will be revealed.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much to everyone, you all helped me to find the tools.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you add shape tool to toolbar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Pentool the same way as shown above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are you on? It is true that the tools were re-grouped like Photoshop. The tools with a little white triangle on them will expand revealing more tools in 2017+. Left-Click and hold your mouse button down on the TRACK SELECT FORWARD TOOL and it should reveal the TRACK SELECT BACKWARD. Do this on the RIPPLE EDIT TOOL and it will reveal the ROLLING EDIT TOOL and the RATE STRETCH TOOL. Missing Tools Premiere CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can customize the toolbar in almost every other Adobe app, just not Premiere Pro. The lack of consistency across Adobe apps is really astounding. Just imagine how much faster we could get things done, if all apps followed the same principles. It would make for a much better learning curve, higher efficiency aso.

To let all developer teams do as they like in the various apps makes switching between apps a chaotic experience. Seems like Adobe is still following the wild west principle in development; it may be convenient for developers, but it's a nightmare  for users.

I hope Adobe rethinks its developer liberalism and starts focusing more on improving the overall user experience (across apps). Lay down some consistency guidelines that dev teams have to follow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone's mileage always varies ... remember that!

There are posts on here like yours that lament that X doesn't work the same way in Premiere as in some other Adobe app.

And then when the Adobe M&E people do demand a UI re-tooling job of the app teams to make something more uniform across apps, the howls here are ginormous!

Any change like that will "break" some user-set's workflow processes. It will improve things for others. It won't be a universally approved change.

The reality is the app teams are quite independent from each other in general. The DVA teams ... digital video apps, PrPro, Ae, Audition, are getting somewhat re-aligned more by task/process than programs at this time. So the Graphics team is less Ae-centric and more "of the DVA apps" than before. The Audition team works nearly within the Pr team these days.

But say Lightroom and its variants are rather separate as teams from the Photoshop team. InDesign and Illustrator are pretty closely aligned, and both pay a lot of attention to how well their stuff and processes integrate with Photoshop. Not so much with the DVAs. Or even Lightroom, at least not as much as they worry about Photoshop integration.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, I totally agree to your general thinking, but I am with Red Point that the ability to add tools to the toolbar would be great - and I fail to see it would break anybody's workflow, they could simply ignore this.

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've said so many times, everyone's mileage always varies!

They just introduced a changed 'look' to a part of the program, that doen't need to be used by anyone. You can simply do the old process and 'skip' the new look tools entirely.

The HOWLS here have been stupendous! It doesn't matter that no one needs to use it at freaking all. That it's changed ... that it's THERE!!!!!!!  ... that the change is visible ... is simply horrific.

Or not ... depending on your viewpoint, right?   😉

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil Haugen 

It's possible to have one's cake and to eat it. The word is "Customisation".

I would like the ability to add more tools to the toolbar.

This could easily be done via a new section under Edit > Preferences > "Toolbar".

And it wouldn't break anyone else's existing workflow. 

I could customise Premiere Pro to suit myself.

Don't you remember that we use to have more tools on the toolbar in Premiere Pro CS6? (see image).

Therefore things have changed in the past and we managed.

So it's possible for them to change again and for the better.

Best Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, all the tools are still there ... the little triangles indicate more if you hover.

And yea, no problem with customization. Which is something that drives me nuts in Resolve, as that app doesn't allow much of any customization. I've got what, 7 custom workspaces in Premiere?

So I'm all in for allowing customization. I do recognize that any change, no matter how good overall, is gonna get howls and protests ... as we all are very different people.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @R Neil Haugen I'm sure we'll get there in the end 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines