Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change clip color on the timeline and not the whole file color

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

when i change the label color on a clip all other clips which are connected to the same media file also change their color. I'm using version cc2019 and I remember that on cs6 everything worked as it should. Is there any way to change this behavior? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

PR Project Settings General Display the project item and label color for all instances.png

Adding a screen shot of the Project Settings dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

AnnBens_2-1627727052792.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The label color is based on a Master Clip / Affiliate Clip reference if "Display the project name and label color for all instacnes" option is enabled in the General Project Settings.

So...

Import the clip a second time to create a second Master Clip that can be set to a different label color or no label color.  Although, you'll have to replace the first Master Clip with the second anywhere you're already using it in a Sequence.

Or...

Go to File > Project Settings > General and uncheck Display the project name and label color for all instances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PR Project Settings General Display the project item and label color for all instances.png

Adding a screen shot of the Project Settings dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I'm having this same issue and that option is no longer at the bottom of the general project settings dialog box. 

I looked elsewhere in preferences but can't see that setting anywhere. Did they accidentally remove it?

Currently running Premiere Pro CC 2021 15.4 on an M1 Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnBens_2-1627727052792.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that, where is this menu popping up from or how do I initiate it?

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it!!! Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find this menu? I've been clicking and right clicking on everything and can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shaina5E76:

You're looking for the Timeline Display Settings in the upper left of the Timeline panel.  The icon is a wrench.

-Warren

Premiere Pro Timeline Display Settings in the upper left of the Timeline panelPremiere Pro Timeline Display Settings in the upper left of the Timeline panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for including the screenshot. For any other confused newbs out there like me, there are likely TWO wrenches (at least) on your screen. One is on the Program Monitor and the other on the Timeline. Click the timeline wrench to bring up this menu. Hope that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this fix! Not sure how I ended up checking this box, but my color wishes are back to normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines