• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change default save location

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change permanently the save location of my projects. It keeps saving my export and my auto saves on to my onedrive and I rather have it on my computer. is it even possible to have another default location. I have adobe premiere pro. thank you and appreciate any feedback.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

You can save your projects anywhere you like but make a folder first on the desired drive.

Auto Save is set in  File > Project Settings > Scratch Disks

As for your export that is set by you in the export settings each time you export.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save your projects anywhere you like but make a folder first on the desired drive.

Auto Save is set in  File > Project Settings > Scratch Disks

As for your export that is set by you in the export settings each time you export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is true but it does not solve the problem if you have all your location settings to "same as project".
Every time you open a new project the location field remains where the Media Cache was last saved.
The only way to fix so a new project default location is created is as follows:

Preferences / Media Cache - Media Cache Files  Location - Browse

A new project will have this in the location field.

Therefore my answer below is also correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of my scratch disk settings are set to save to Same as Project, and I  have changed the Media Cache preferences per this answer, but I keep getting a Project Save Error window (see attached) saying "Could not save the project file." It appears Premiere will not stop looking for it in the location where I first created it before moving it to a different folder.  Is there another solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a windows machine or a mac?   Have you tried doing a save-as?  Pretty sure if you do that, Premiere will look for it at that location...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a PC, and Save As has not been the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you go into your \Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\<version>\Profile-<user name>

Under here you have a file called Adobe Premiere Pro Prefs, in this file you can change your Scratch Disk settings globally, so they will stick with every new projekt you make, as long as you work within this profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started premiere 2020 and created a new project and by default it's save location was the last place I'd saved a project.  So that should work, right, if you always want to save your projects in the same placed?  Of course, setting up all the scratch disks which by default are the same location as your project is another kettle of fish...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new project will have this location in the field

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question being asked also invloves a way to set of change the default location for a new project when you have all your locations set to "same as Project" and the default location keeps coming up as an old location that you do not want.
To save having to change that every time to a differnt location that you want frequently you can change it permanently as I stated before:
See images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always a good idea to have your project saved to a different physical drive than your autosaves.  I save my projects to a folder on my boot drive that is automatically mirrored on dropbox and my autosaves go on to my media drive.  And my media is also backed up to a different drive.  belts and suspenders....  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines