• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change default text font in premiere pro CC.

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my videos I do a lot of subtitles for talking and I use a special font. Is there a way to change the default font so every text I make starts out as my special font? I do not like having to edit every single text I make and change it to a certain font. Also is it possible to make a present for text because I use color coordinated text per person speaking. IE. I am blue, my friend is red and another is green. Every text for us I have to change colors for manually, I expect this and accept it, just asking if possible to make a "friend 1" "friend 2" text color preset so I don't have to manually edit the color value to their color.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Have you tried creating a Master Style in the Essential Graphics Panel?

Create titles and motion graphics with the Graphics workspace in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating a Master Style in the Essential Graphics Panel?

Create titles and motion graphics with the Graphics workspace in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I used this and its nice but do I have to make new master styles every time I edit a new video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to know this as well. I miss the old title system where you could save templates & just change them in the title menu. Currently I'm just using a template legacy title, duplicating it & modifying it. I also have a template project file that I just duplicate for each project I do, that helps too. Fortunately, I work with multiple videos in 1 project for the most part.

I've tried the master style which I found by accident (only started using 2018 about 2 weeks ago, so I tend to randomly click things & see what it fixes, improves or breaks lol) but it seems limited to 1 project? (unless you make that project a template) I think you should have been able to just right click a font from the drop down list & made it the default, same way you can select default video & audio transitions by just right clicking them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's creating a master style, it's not changing the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Programmers,

Suggestion, Wouldn't this be as easy as setting the Font in the Preferences? In Preferences on the Graphics tab, I can change missing font to a "default replacement font", why not a default font for text? Every time I add text it always defaults to Myriad Pro. I know I can "Replace all Fonts" under the Graphics Tab at the end of my project. But when I use a specialty font for a logo, I would have to go back and change each one and hope I don't miss one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you Marcia L. You just saved me many hours in the future of individually changing fonts. I had no idea about "replace all fonts" until now. thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I must have missed the "Missing Font Replacement" option until now. All of my defaults and system fonts were in "5th Grade Cursive," lol. So like when Warp Stabilizer says "Analyzing in Background," that was the font it was using. Been driving me nuts, no idea how that became the default. 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines