• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change SRT time coding

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting SRT files, premiere uses the timeline time code of captions to export captions. Meaning that when I try to export the SRT file from the second or third video from the same timeline, those videos' SRT timecode will stay the same as timelines and won't show up when played on VLC or other video players (including online players). I tried to look for a solution but I couldn't find it. Maybe there is a way to reset the SRT time code to start from 00:00:00 upon exporting? Anything I tried didn't work

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Premiere Pro are you using?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So 15.4.1, and in any event, the new PR caption workflow.

Yes, when setting in/out markers to export part of a sequence, the sidecar export will keep the timecodes from the sequence, not the in/out segment starting at zero.

You might use a third party tool to edit the srt and adjust the timecodes so they start at zero.

However, once the sequence is done and ready for exports, I would a) duplicate the sequence, b) set the first out point and export, and then c) cut the video at the out point (and drag select/delete the captions with it), then set the new out point. The exported srts will all start at zero and end with the exported segment. I think you should be sure the captions are not cut, although it probably wouldn't matter.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see. I hope they will add this option in future. Thank you for your tips, I will do that in my workflow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines