• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to color code subtitles/captions multiple speakers

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I transcribed the audio and it shows the two different speakers. My question is can I pick a different color of text for each of them without having to change it everytime? Thank you in advance, I'm learning. 

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Short answer: not yet.

Are you burning the captions in? Or creating a sidecar so they can be turned on/off? There may be a workaround.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

What version of PR are you running? The transparent video should not be an issue. It is getting 2 tracks to show at the same time.

See "Show Multiple Caption Tracks" this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-controls-to-caption-track/td-p/11935335

Basically, in Sequence 1, transcribe one speaker and create captions. Set the font color to what you want. Disable the video and audio. Nest this in Sequence 2, where you transcribe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: not yet.

Are you burning the captions in? Or creating a sidecar so they can be turned on/off? There may be a workaround.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me Stan. So the videos that I'm making are going to have the subtitles burned into the video. What I did find out upon furter research is that if I used two different mics I can transcribe each one on different track. However inorder to lay them over you have to create a transparent video and layer them over each other so that you can use different colors for each speaker. We all learn together am I right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of PR are you running? The transparent video should not be an issue. It is getting 2 tracks to show at the same time.

See "Show Multiple Caption Tracks" this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-contr...

Basically, in Sequence 1, transcribe one speaker and create captions. Set the font color to what you want. Disable the video and audio. Nest this in Sequence 2, where you transcribe the other speaker. Caption and color. The first speaker shows because it is nested. The second is the captions in the second sequence.

You can also adjust position differently if you want.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines