• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create an outline around a graphic or shape in Premiere Pro???

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I will be working on a project pretty soon where I will have to take graphics, which are suppose to prepresent people in a podcast, and create a plain colored outline around said graphic when its corresponding person is talking. Essentially, I need the borders of the graphic to light up when the person is talking and then dissapear when the person is silent.

The problem that I am having is that I don't know how to do this in Premier Pro, but I did learn how to do it in After Effects from this tutiorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU4NIWsuf20).
In Premier, I was able to create a stroke around a shape, but I couldn't keyframe it to appear and dissapear (unlike in After Effects).

Does anyone know how to do the same effect from the tutorial above in Premiere Pro???

In this tutorial, we will be learning how to add outline or border to Image or logo in adobe after effects. This is a beginners tutorial considering the fact that you know how to use Adobe After Effects.
TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of FX is best done in Ae.

In the tutorial the stroke is added to a static image not a moving/talking person.

You need to mask first, nest, then add a radial shadow if its a static image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the graphic that I want to do this with will also be static. Is there a way to avoid masking it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pen tool in the ess graphics, but you need to draw a closed path. If you leave it open you cannot add nodes later on.

Ae is realy the way to go.

Edited!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just added a Radial Shadow effect to a random graphic and it worked! Thanks though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use rectangle tool, remove the fill and then start and stop the asset according to when I want it to appear / disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines