• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit 8mm movie film at 8 fps with Premiere Pro CS6 (PPro)

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I need the settings for PPro to convert 8fps to 30fps

2. Old film has a few black blotches here and there that could be removed if possible

3. Fuzzy images and background could be clarified and sharpened.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

That is going to be a though one.

You can drag a clip into the New item icon and create a sequence that matches the footage.

If all is well you will have a sequence framerate of 8.

Then you can clean up the footage, but exporting to 30 fps that is going to be a challenge.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

2. Old film has a few black blotches here and there that could be removed if possible

By @John Ratard

1. Place the 8mm movie on a 30 fps timeline. Premiere Pro will add/duplicate frames but it will look good when playing back.
  2. This will require some manual job, setting In/Out points and then Extract the black blotches. It will take time.
  3. Someone else may chime in here. With

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is going to be a though one.

You can drag a clip into the New item icon and create a sequence that matches the footage.

If all is well you will have a sequence framerate of 8.

Then you can clean up the footage, but exporting to 30 fps that is going to be a challenge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @John Ratard

1. Place the 8mm movie on a 30 fps timeline. Premiere Pro will add/duplicate frames but it will look good when playing back.
  2. This will require some manual job, setting In/Out points and then Extract the black blotches. It will take time.
  3. Someone else may chime in here. With 8mm footage you should not expect any miracles though.

I have done this several times when i wanted to create a DVD @25fps, iow just placing the footage on a 25 fps timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines