• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Export a Video Containing Different Frame Rates?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm an animator, and there are times when I use different frame rates for certain projects. I want to edit my demo reel to feature different frame rates, but I can't figure out how to export a video while maintaining those different frame rates. Are there any solutions to this? 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

While Premiere Pro (and other editing apps) can handle various frame rate footage within a program the output frame rate of the exported file will always be at the frame rate set for the sequence/timeline. There's no way to have an output video file dynamically change frame rates to suit particular clips within a sequence.

I can see how in your particular case this might be a nice option but I imagine it would be very difficult to implement and would require not just the editing app to be able t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abigail,

Premiere Pro handles these kinds of projects well. What happens with mixed frame rates in a 24P sequence? It should be OK. Any visual artifacts? Does your audio sound OK? If either of these happens, you may need to modify the footage.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Kevin! 

I think I'm more curious if Premiere has a setting that allows for 30 FPS and 24 FPS to exist in the same video in their true forms. If I have a shot that's 24 FPS with others that are 30 FPS, and I set the export FPS to be 30 FPS the footage is off for the 24 FPS clip. I don't want to interpret the footage because it distorts the original artistic intent. Is there a plugin, perhaps? I'm sure animators have had to contend with this problem in the past. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Premiere Pro (and other editing apps) can handle various frame rate footage within a program the output frame rate of the exported file will always be at the frame rate set for the sequence/timeline. There's no way to have an output video file dynamically change frame rates to suit particular clips within a sequence.

I can see how in your particular case this might be a nice option but I imagine it would be very difficult to implement and would require not just the editing app to be able to produce this type of program but also for all the video player apps to be able to play them back and dynamically adjust framerates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There will always be visual artifacts when changing frame rates in Premiere - there are 3 options: Frame Blending, Frame Sampling & Optical Flow and none of these delivers clean footage at all. You will either get what some people refer to as 'Judder', or an odd skipping effect that looks like dropped frames, or weird blurring where any rapid footage (for example - a concert piece where it's one of these modern bands that dance around all over the place whilst onstage can give the illusion that the people onstage have 4 legs).

Interpreting the footage doesn't work either as it alters the run time, ruining any audio that comes with it - although if the audio is going to be replaced & does not need to sync up to the video interpreting the footage is probably the safest option. 

The best fix of all is to not try & mix frame rates, but to do any conversions before you start to import the assets in the first place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use the effect called posterize time and change the frame rate of applied clips to whatever frame rate you want. and finally export in sequence frame rate, the set frame rate will hold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines