• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export a video including chapter markers?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I hope someone can help me.

I would like to add some chapter markers to my mp4 Video in Adobe Premiere. Then export my mp4 including those markers so that my students can click on the chapters they want to see first.

Is there any possibility to do something like that?

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your timeline, place the playhead where you want the chapter to be. Then go to Markers > Add Chapter Marker, a new chapter marker will be created, you can double click on it and rename it as desired. When you export as Quicktime, the chapter markers will automatically be ported over with the video file. Quicktime player can then read those markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does this only work in Premiere Pro? can it also be done in Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i added chapter markers to the timeline, not to the cliips. and then exported using vineo 720 preset. when i double click the mp4 on the finder level i dont see any chapter markers. now i'm trying to export a quicktime (mov file, pro res). and it worked with that. but prores is a huge file. so for a 40 min video the file size is going to end being ridiculous. is there a way to embed chapter markers and not use pro res?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, it seem though MP4 accepts embed metadata as chapters/episods, no pro sumer software suppports it (though you can see chapters in .MOV and .MP4 in Quicktime X, VLC, ETC...) 

.MOV and .MKV are best for embed chapters. I know little about MKV and Adobe support for .MOV is quite limited in Mac, I guess there is even more limited in Windows.

But the most "common" way to use chapters is with ProRess in Windows. In Mac you can add chapters also to H265 using FinalCut or Compressor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines