Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export media with project name

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

once I finish editing I have various clips on my timeline.

I select the time line and attempt to export the MEDIA

1st question

The default output name is always a clip name example MVI_1234.mov

Is there a way to tell Premiere to set as a default outputname the projecy name?

Using a clip name is confusing and i need to manually select the output folder and change the name manually this is very time consuming

2nd question

I created a default output which includes PRORES 422 and various other choices

Is there a way to set this output as the default output so I donàt need to manually select it each time

I ask these questions as I had to manually change every single edit from version 2015 to version 2018 and I need to edit each film sequence separatley for my feature.

I found no systems to automatically open in CC2018 although the single clips are in the same disk and folder and each time I had to link them again.

If anyone would kindly help this will be wonderful

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Hi,

Thx for bringing your questions to the forum.

I can certainly answer the first one. Depending on how you make your sequence when you first start editing, the name might represent the clip you dragged on the new item icon in the project window. For export, the filename is taken from the sequence name. Just change the name of the sequence in the project window and that name will be used for outputting your new movie.

For your second question, I don't think there si a way to choose a default prese

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thx for bringing your questions to the forum.

I can certainly answer the first one. Depending on how you make your sequence when you first start editing, the name might represent the clip you dragged on the new item icon in the project window. For export, the filename is taken from the sequence name. Just change the name of the sequence in the project window and that name will be used for outputting your new movie.

For your second question, I don't think there si a way to choose a default preset on output.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your time and kind reply

however, at the end of the day, I don't understand Adobe choice to be very honest, as defaulting a clip name for the movie export output name seems ... strange (at least) since editing means putting clips one after the other and creating indeed a sequence. Giving, in the preference probably, the option to choose how to name the exported film wouldn't be an heavy duty programming task.

The same for my second question ....

All this because it obliges the user the click, type and click again when all this could be done automatically and simply. According to how each user decides to organise its work the choice could be from the folder where various clips are chosen for a specific sequence, or the project name at least ....

Not everyone organises its footage and edits in the same way ...

Regards again, hoping someone from Adobe would read this and hopefully givi it a chance in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default output name is always a clip name example MVI_1234.mov

The default output name is actually the sequence name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for our time and reply

however every single sequence i create appears with a clip name ... which is he reason I asked if there was an option to use the project name instead, but I learn this can only be done changing the name of the sequence and typing whichever name one decides to type and this, in my opinion is time consuming

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're apparently still missing the naming process ... the default sequence name is always taken from the first clip on the sequence. The default export is taken from the sequence name. But sequence names are changeable ... so click on the left of the sequence name in the Project box, and type in whatever you want. Then your sequence name will appear on the sequence in the timeline, and also will be the name of the exported file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the default sequence name is always taken from the first clip on the sequence.

Not if the sequence was setup first and then a clip is added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True ... but then, one had the was prompted to name the sequence ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am saying is it depends on how the sequence was setup.

In any case its not the project name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally someone (R Neil Haugen) that knows how to properly, and simply explain a most evasive subject.

This has been haunting me for months.

Thank you Mr. Haugen.  I am starting to learn PremPro after my 50th b-day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The one missing the point is the one ignoring the question/request. The default naming as a sequence is not efficient. Could you allow users a setting to default the output name to the project name they set? How it is -- does not work. Now I have 4 "sequences" of basketball games set for encoding that have no reference to what game it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years later, I face the same problem and I am very surprised that Premiere Pro (mark the Pro in the name) doesn't allow more flexibility to define the default filename for export.

There is a workaround : an "ingest" setup can be defined in Media Encoder, where also the output filename can be precisely specified. From Premiere one must add the export to the queue, then in Media Ecoder choose that ingest setting. A few more clicks, but I still prefer that than to have to type the filename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines