• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to find my previous version of premier pro?

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I installed the latest version of premier pro, and it is not working as smoothly with my mac as I wished. 

My problem is, I dont know which version I had before thist update.

Is there a way to find this out?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open CC desktop app and hit the three dots next to Premiere Pro: Previous versions.

It does not show which one you had installed before but it shows all the versions you can install.

If you always update then most likely previous version would have been 22.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there really no way of finding out what my previous version was, besides guessing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you unzip a project and open in notepad it tells you which version number the project is: e.g. 33.

But then you need to know which Premiere build represents that number.

I believe 33 is 2015, but not sure. Lost count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My list is incomplete. PR 2022 has all been Project File version 40. I think Project File version 33 was 2017.1. 

It is odd because in some cases the Project File version number increases when the Premiere Pro version goes from xxxx.0.0 to xxxx.1.0.

bjørn, what version do you see?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to unzip the project in notpad but didn find out where version number was. 

Im not that technical so its a little bit over my head to do these things. 

I think I might have had premier pro CC 2020 14,8. 

But I cant find it among the avaialbe versions to download. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2020 is no longer available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't unzip in Notepad. You have to unzip before notepad. It may unzip with no extension, but just right click and open with notepad.

When you open the unzipped file in notepad, the fourth line or so is what you look at. For example, here are the first for 4 lines of a file saved in PR 2020 (project file version 38):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<PremiereData Version="3">
<Project ObjectRef="1"/>
<Project ObjectID="1" ClassID="62ad66dd-0dcd-42da-a660-6d8fbde94876" Version="38">

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan, 

I think my version is 37. 

This is what came up:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<PremiereData Version="3">
<Project ObjectRef="1"/>
<Project ObjectID="1" ClassID="62ad66dd-0dcd-42da-a660-6d8fbde94876" Version="37">

Is it possible to get a download link for this particular version from support? 
I have tried several of the possible versions avalable for download. But my projects dont work well with these.

Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Stan is correct and version 38 is 2020 then 37 must be 2019 which is not in your CC app.

Adobe CC 2019 Direct Download Links | ProDesignTools

Typo edited!! Thanks Stan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry bjørn, I missed your response.

The original release of 2019 (Version 13.0) was Project File version 36. The 13.1 release changed to version 37. One of those oddities I mentioned.

I think the version available through Ann's ProDesignTools link is the dot zero release; it would have to be updated to work with a project file version 37 release.

I would do a chat with support and see if they will provide a link to the version you need.

Ann, I think you were  missing a "not" in saying 20190 is in the CC app?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stan,

Yeah, really looks like I needed the 13,1 version. But Adobe support couldnt provide any help on that matter. 

So, that´s a total crises for my film project. 

Anyway, thanks to Ann and Stan for trying to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bjørn, 
Sorry. Is it possible to update your hardware and bring your project into a more current version of Premiere Pro?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, 

I sure wish I could, but unfortunatly I don´t have the means to to that now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey bjørn,

Sorry about that. I can empathize with you on that one. The last alternative is to use the updated version of Premiere Pro; however, you need to transcode the media to an "edit-friendly" codec or create proxies for the media, ideally ProRes proxies as they perform well with underpowered systems like yours. Afterward, your editing session will be smoother, and you'll be editing in the latest version with newer features and fewer bugs. I hope the advice offers you a decent alternative to using old copies of Premiere Pro. Please come back with any questions or comments.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines