Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import PSD to Premiere?

Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i'd like to import a Photoshop file to Premiere Pro 2017 to use it as a still. I get an "allgemeinen Fehler" - guess it's "generic error" in English.

My PSDs are RGB, 8-bit, 1 layer, no matter what size or resolution, it just doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the pixel size? There is a limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To echo Stan's comment, "the maximum frame size that can be imported for still images and movies is 256 megapixels, with a maximum dimension of 32,768 pixels in either direction." Read this: Importing still images into Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your file needs to be RGB  (ie not CMYK)  Check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I already mentioned, the files are RGB, 8 bit and it's not a matter of size, 2000x2000px wouldn't work. If I export them as PNG, it works. I have no idea what it's all about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello-there: Are you on macOS or Windows — and which version? Is Photoshop the same, latest release as Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. (I'm in the US with latest version of Adobe CC Photoshop and Premiere Pro using Windows 10.)

Importing PNG of image works fine. I wanted to import the PSD instead so as to have access to the layers. When importing the PSD, I get the "generic error message." (PSD file if RGB, 1080 x 1080 px).

Please note, the user guide for Premiere Pro CC states, "From the Import dialog box, when you select a Photoshop file containing layers for import, the Import Photoshop Document dialog box opens." However, when I select "Import" and click on the PSD file, it does not open the Import Photoshop Document dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It brings up a "generic error" message. However, now it works after I did the following: I closed the file that had been converted to RGB and re-opened then did a "save as" to overwrite the old file.

Apparently, the memory cache must be cleared for the a converted file to be recognized as RGB after converting from CMYK. Although the file had been "saved as" previously, it only worked after the file was closed and re-opened then "saved as".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

i'm facing a similar error here, could you possibly help with how i can change the file to an rgb as i'm new to photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Image/mode/rgb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines