• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to locate missing timeline sequence

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have completed a project and rendered it out.  After several weeks, I returned to the project, and the timeline sequence is gone from the project, and none of the clips in that project file have been used.  I open all my auto saves and they are in the same state.  I think the the timeline sequence may be in another project folder that was open at the same time when doing to orignal edit.  Is there a way for me to search, and find this sequence in other projects without opening each and every project?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an interesting issue. I don't know of an easy way to search, at least nothing I can think of. If you know all the projects you were working on around the same time, you'll probably just have to load each one up and see if it's in there. Something that may save you a little bit of time, is to use Media Encoder and add the projects there. It will show you the timelines/sequences after taking a few moments, which would probably be a little quicker than loading up each project in Premiere.

Do all of your project autosaves get saved to the same location? At least then you could see the other projects that were autosaved around the same time as the one you're looking for. You could also look in the Creative Cloud files if you have your autosaves set to save to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way for me to search, and find this sequence in other projects without opening each and every project?

By @BillGrossBowling

Not really, but you can go to the Project panel and type the word sequence in the search box. This will find all your sequences within that project. 

But no, there is no way to search for sequences in multiple projects in one go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bill,

The solution seems easy: use a zip/archive program and search through the folder(s) that have the project files. The program looks inside each compressed file (i.e. PR project file) for the name of the sequence.

HOWEVER, all the options I saw online are only looking for filenames of compressed files. They will not look inside a file for text without opening the archive. They say they will do it, but they will not.

If it takes a long time to open each project, you can extract to a text file, open that in a text editor, and search for the sequence name.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines