• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to make a black "title box" with low opacity

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might not be a premiere question. If it is not and I could be directed to what system this would fall under, it would be great. I am doing a guitar tutorial for a friends youtube channel and she wants her name encased in a black "title box so to speak with low opacity like the one that appears in the video below coming in from the left within the first 5 seconds.

How To Record A Song From Scratch - Bass Guitar - RecordingRevolution.com - YouTube

How would this be done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Hi Michelina - As Stefan mentions, it's not necessary to update to achieve the look you want. Simply draw a rectangle in the Titler tool window and under fill on the right menu, select gradient. You can choose the colors you would like, e.g. gray to white, or black to white. Then create text over top. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your choice:

File > New > Legacy Title to use the Legacy Title tool to construct your graphic:

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 5.48.58 PM.png

or use a template from the Essential Graphics Panel:

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 5.50.24 PM.png

You would do the animation with keyframes.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to just use one of the templates but I don't think I have an essential graphics panel. Does that mean I don't have the most updated version or something? here's a screenshot of my interface

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not have the latest version (just released earlier this year) — but that's OK. Watch this tutorial to see how to create titles with your version:

Create and edit legacy titles in Premiere Pro

(Some people do not like how the title tool was updated: Premiere Pro CC 2017.1 - Titles workspace and tool )

If you have upgraded in the meantime — or wish to later —  you would learn how to add titles using these tutorials:

Create title graphics

Create and edit titles in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelina - As Stefan mentions, it's not necessary to update to achieve the look you want. Simply draw a rectangle in the Titler tool window and under fill on the right menu, select gradient. You can choose the colors you would like, e.g. gray to white, or black to white. Then create text over top. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michelina: To add to what premieregal says, once you design the lower-third, you can animate on into view like any graphic by keyframing its position and adding some easing to make the motion smooth.

By the way, the third video in this tutorial ("Add titles and graphics") covers the title tool that you have in your app:

Try basic video editing techniques

Please report back later if this information proves useful or if you have any other questions about your title for your friend's YouTube video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of the input helped me to do what I wanted to do and even expanded my vision as far as what the possibilities are when it comes to this area of editing. I did something and showed my friend and she liked it alot. Wish I could mark all the replies as a correct answer. thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines