• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a screen record with Premiere PRO? Need it as a teacher, want to film my moves on screen

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Hope to get some help here. I have been on the internet looking for vids, but find no good. I need to capture my screen while I am showing a Ppt, and talking to my student. Need to film it to make small education vids.

I was thinking of Premiere, but I have also other Adobe program in Master collections.

Pls help

Best regards Stig

TOPICS
Export , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

You can use one of these options to record your OBS installation: https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-record-your-computer-screen/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stig,

Mac or PC? Let us know so we can make recommendations. There is nothing "inside" Premiere Pro that allows for this right now.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for leting me know that Kevin. Then I can stop messing with it 🙂

I use windows, and I have tried OBS stidio for some days... But I would like to record the install and cosumizing of OBS, and cant do that when I film with it (?).

Stig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use one of these options to record your OBS installation: https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-record-your-computer-screen/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohhhh, Thank you. You made my day 😉

I checked it, and found Bandicam... It worked perfect for my use. Very much;THANK YOU

"Keep isolated, but not on Internet"

Best regards Stig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still the case? It seems like such a robust piece of software to not have this feature.  It would be great to have this seemlessly available for integration with projects rather than having to stitch it in after creating mp4s via other methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is an editing application, not a recording application. You're saying "stitching in" as if that's some inconvienent thing to do, but that's simply editing; it's what this program is designed to do. 

Use recording apps to record.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've used Camtasia for video capture and found it can do everything Premier does, but it has an ultra-easy screen recording feature that dumps it right into your project/Media Bin.  Unfortunately, Adobe seems to be its worst enemy when it comes to making things easy..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines