• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make scrolling essential graphics stop mid screen?

Engaged ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the essential graphics to make a scrolling credit. The last item is a logo.

If I check the end offscreen box then it scrolls off. If I don't check the box then it stops at the bottom of the screen.

How do I make it stop in the middle of the screen?

My current work around is to uncheck end offscreen, and put a transparent video on top of the logo. By adjusting the position of the transparent video I can make the logo stop at the center.

But what is the correct, intended solution?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would take a screenshot of the logo when its in the middle and drop the image in V2 at that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use photoshop to make credits, titles and rolling credits. Can try that if you want.

basically put into editor and start where you want and end where you want.

will try to find a sample...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CREDIT SAMPLE.png

use a black layer ( which you will delete when done doing white text ) if you want white on black in editor... the black will be your default alpha or you can add black video under it, whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann's suggestion is actually the easiest one I've ever heard. Felt stupid when someone suggested that quite a while back in fact ... (probably was Ann who suggested it ... ).

As it's scrolling, manually scrub the timeline to where you want it to stick. Do the make-image options she suggests, paste that back as a new layer to your credits.

Now ... at that frame ... change the opacity or brightness of the main scroll to zero.

So when it gets to that frame, the screen shot becomes visible as the scroll goes buh-bye. And you simply extend the graphic ... maybe eventually fade out the screen shot.

Slick & easy.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sometimes it's nice to have options if a situation requires more design features ( formatting, font selections, graphics, adjustments like leading, kerning, and stuff ). Sometimes credits are centered, sometimes not, sometimes 2 columns, and so on... 

It's just nice to know you have options.  photoshop gives you that if needed.

age of airplanes.png

Sequence 01.Still001.png

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines