• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to split videos without re-encoding?

Enthusiast ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to split video files without re-encoding?

The purpose is to save space/RAM by removing large chunks of unnecessary clips before editing.

If Premiere can't do it, which Windows apps would you recommend?

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's basically the beginning of editng process.

let's say you have bunch of clips from movie you are editing and doing rushes for....if you can imagine that.

there's a slate and that slate has info about sc. and take and camera ( might be more than one shooting at same time on set with common slate but slate will say cama and camb )

now you put junk into editor and cut all the junk before slate and after cut yelled by director... basically you first have to get rid of the junk that is useless.

you only care about telling the story and it starts when actors hear " action " and it ends when director yells " cut"

that's the basic deal.

soooooo.....

import clips and trim them down and organize it with the computer you have if it is good enough to do it.

personally, I have a high end computer and stuff and can MAYBE do high end tv commercial stuff ( 60 seconds of full HD ).

I have to live with it cause there's no way I can do pro work for long form, etc.

try to figure out what you can deal with and then focus on projects you can handle with current equipment.

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately, my content is 4k .MOV files that are not supported by Smart Rendering.

So, I probably need some kind of third-party trimmer or something.

Could I ask if you perhaps would recommend any? I'd rather not experiment with various freeware apps that might be spyware, and such

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, my content is 4k .MOV files that are not supported by Smart Rendering.

So, I probably need some kind of third-party trimmer or something.

By @sebastian2012a

Try TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 6. It supports more or less all formats and it is easy to trim material and it will smart render the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Averdahl, I'll look it up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines