Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to turn off cloud storage?

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

It is not safe to save anything on Adobe creative cloud, so, when I install Adobe premiere Pro, are there anyway I can completely turn off, shutdown, disable, stop sync anything from preimere pro to Adobe cloud? 

Urgent! There is a outbreak for attacking Adobe CC cloud storage! 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

In the Preferences.

Where did you hear/read about this so called attack.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Preferences.

Where did you hear/read about this so called attack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are about a month late.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your point, "expert"? Having our data exposed online is only important if we, what, notice it within 3 days, 7 days, 10 days?

From article:

"Specifically, hackers could target owners of active Adobe premium accounts with phishing emails to hijack high-value Creative Cloud accounts from owners, which they can later re-sell online, on specialized dark web markets". 

No worries though right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann noted, you're a month late in noting that. It's long been fixed. And none of your assets or passwords or even name were "available" to begin with.

So as things go it was a rather minor event.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From article:

"Specifically, hackers could target owners of active Adobe premium accounts with phishing emails to hijack high-value Creative Cloud accounts from owners, which they can later re-sell online, on specialized dark web markets".

Who decides who is a "Community Expert" 'cause I have some feedback for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is solve.

But next time when I install this software on my new PC, I need to remember this setting myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANYTHING on a cloud based service is not safe. Have you ever read the agreement? They have the right to use your files and pics for their own use. Just buy a bigger HD. We are the generation of convenience and not safety.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont use cloud services either.

Besides you always have to have internet and it will take ages to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where in preferences do you turn off the cloud storage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Preferences under Auto Save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi could you let me know where I can find this. I have looked through all the preference menus in Lightroom Classic and cannot find it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Premiere Pro video editing app forum ... Lightroom is a stills application, and has it's own forums. And UI design.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find alternative software that isn't predatory. Adobe is basically malware now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's simply not true. By default, Premiere Pro does not save projects or data to the cloud. If you don't want to use cloud storage services of any kind, then you can leave it turned off.

If you wish to have a backup of your project auto-saved to the cloud, then you can turn it on here in Premiere Pro Preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/sync-settings.html#suto-save-projects-to-cc

Further, Adobe does not claim any ownership of your files or data.

1.5 Ownership. You (as a Business or an individual, as applicable) retain all rights and ownership of your Content. We do not claim any ownership rights to your Content.

https://www.adobe.com/legal/terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I had not previously turned off Auto Save, are my files on the Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files are you asking about?

The default position for the Preferences for AutoSave ... save to the CC Cloud option ... is off. So unless you checked that, the project files stay totally local.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where in preferences can cloud storage be turned off. It is a problem that files are not atached but only a link for download when pressing email button.
The user do not know what cloud storage is, so it is bad that it is on as default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What cloud storage?

There isn't any default other than your user preferences. But that ONLY gets synced to the Cloud if you choose to sync your preferences.

Project files aren't synced period.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnBens_0-1677696030985.png

It's quite self-explanatory what this setting does.

All it does is save a copy of your project file in your CC account.

Don't think it's on by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been trying to unsync my acrobat files - it uploads everything to  Adobe cloud. I have never checked sync - so it is the default. I haev tried eveything that has been suggested - it still keeps uploading and not asaving locally. How can I fix this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines