• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to uninstall Premiere CS6 after installing it in CC to get Encore?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like, where do I go to uninstall JUST Premiere CS6? In Windows, or via the Cloud program? Please give me a step by step.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

I just tested in Win10. Settings -> Apps & features. Select Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 -> Uninstall. You will get a screen where you can deselect Encore to keep it installed.

I don't know whether I would run the Adobe cleaner if I am uninstalling it and not reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested in Win10. Settings -> Apps & features. Select Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 -> Uninstall. You will get a screen where you can deselect Encore to keep it installed.

I don't know whether I would run the Adobe cleaner if I am uninstalling it and not reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tip:

Do the uninstall via Windows Control Panel.  Only this route gives you the option to keep Encore while uninstall PrP_CS6, uninstalling PrP_CS6.

Do not uninstall via the Creative Cloud desktop manager.  This method doesn't* give you the option to keep Encore while uninstalling PrP_CS6.  Feel free to test it yourself, but for me the PrP_CS6 install always takes around 30 minutes, so it's a time-hog of an experiment.

* as of 10 Nov 2018, for me

selective uninstall.png

My software: Adobe Creative Cloud, Windows 10 Home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesnt work. Cs6 is no where to be found to even delete. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you install CS 6?

If you are just trying to uninstall premier, I would skip that.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you uninstall Premiere CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread, and CS6/Encore is no longer available through the CC subscription.

That said, you do NOT need to uninstall Premiere Pro CS6. This was probably desireable when hard drives were smaller. If you are entitled to it (e.g. have a purchased serial number for CS6), there are advantages to having CS6 PR and Media Encoder.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan,
I desperately want to rid Premier Pro CS6 from my PC, have you any idea on how to do it.
I've tried to uninstall normally and through the registry editior with no success.
Please help.

- A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall.JPG

 Whatever I try, the following pops up, here's some photos if it helps at all.

failed.JPG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Cleaner Tool linked in that message.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried this already. No luck. Anything else I can try???

- Alf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines