Exit

HSL Secondary is not working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, community,

I hope you can help me with this.

The HSL secondary is not working for me anymore, and I don't know why.

When I select a colour on my image in the composite window screen with the eyedropper tool, it just selects red. And when I select the colour/gray bottom, it doesn't appear any colour.

Do you know why is this happening?

Thanks for your help!

Carlos

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your hardware? The media? And are any other effects involved?

If you to to the Project settings, and set Mercury Acceleration to Software, does it work correctly?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your answer.

I'm working on a MacBook pro Apple M1 Pro. The media I can't change is .mov; there are some other .mp4 files in the sequence I can use HSL Secondary, so I guess the problem is coming with the .mov files. I don't know why.

Project settings-general-video renderer and playback-renderer-Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration. I can't set the Mercury Acceleration to Sofware.

Thanks for your help Neil,

Carlos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos!

Sorry about the issue. Does it happen on a specific project? Could you try applying the effect to another sequence? 

If this doesn't work try resetting preferences.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I'm working on other projects, and this is not happening in others.

I'm doing the online on this one. The HSL Secondary is not working on .mov files, but it is working for the .mp4 ones.

Any other idea about why is this happening?

Thanks for your help,

Carlos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 10.06.53.png

  I think the problem could be the encoding software. If I process the file in Encoder to Apple ProRes 422, I have access to HSL Secondary, and I can work it. So, I'm afraid I have to consolidate the project, process all the media, and then replace it ...

What do you think?

Thanks for your help,

Carlos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the same clips work properly in another project, maybe try a simple fix: create a new project file. Go to the Media Browser panel in Premiere, then navigate to and select the old project. Import the sequence you're working on, and see if it works properly in that project.

If so, import the rest of the project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that the clips don't work either in other projects. I mean, in different projects, the HSL is working.

Thanks.

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Carlos did you ever figure this out?
I have been having the same issue on my M1 laptop with the HSL Secondary Color.  
I cannot select any skin tone colors... just defaults to red. 
Thanks for any info you can share!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PLEASE also post over on their UserVoice system that you're having troubles with this. That is the engineer's system portal, and also in collated format to the all-important M&E people who make decisions.

Get them data (engineers) and metrics (M&E).

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines