• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

huge performance drop since update to Premiere 2022

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I recently upgraded to v22.0 (2022) and working on my timelines has became really slow and studdering. I feels like back in the days when I was working with a slow computer where the sound is running on but pictures drop and lag a lot when playing back the timeline. Editing is super painful and slow like that.

I was suprprised and also installed the former version v15.4.1 (2021) again. In this version everything is still running as smoothyl as I remember. I am working on 4K 10bit Footage without proxies but my computer is set up to handle that. I have a i7-9700K 3.60GHz with 64 GB RAM and a Geforce RTX 2060 Super. Like I wrote in 15.4.1 it works very smoothly but in v22.0 it's really not useable at all. I payed a lot of money for the hardware in order to be able to edit 4K 10bit directly without proxies for professional work.

I have to stay with 15.4.1 or hope for an update with a fix. Anybody having the same issues?

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

have seen, in the other thread, that changing the playback quality to Full resolves the issue, works for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mann this new update is a real let down...Everything was smooth and fast and now with the new update, my render time is significantly slow! Redid my export settings, cleared cache, enabled Cuda, tweaked the Nvidia settings, and STILL is slow. Never ahd to work with proxies but my normal 9 minute video editing usually takes less than 15-20 minutes to render and now it's been 25 minutes ad still at 28%!!! Might have to dive now into DaVinci Resolve but it soo disappointing to see a subscription based program having more problems as it's updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. Uninstalled and went to an older version. Still having rendering problems even after making the suggested adjustments in this thread. I edit for a living. How many times can I say it's a software problem without looking incompetent and risking my paycheck? Time to learn DaVinci Resolve. I can't keep getting trapped in Premiere's tech problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines