Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't save push transition as a preset in Premiere pro cc 2019

the Save Preset is gray, cannot click

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transitions can't do that, only effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct.

Make a separate sequence with your transitions.

Then copy/paste to main timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you expand on what that means or link to some material that demonstrates it?

I'm just starting out with Premiere Pro CC 2020 and I want to be able to quickly apply `push` with certain settings preset to multiple clips quite often.

For example, I might want to drap the push down with a 7 frame transition on 10 clips at a time for an intro, and an outro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread but hopefully someone will still notice the issue is real.  My current project would really work best with PUSH transition but with reverse movement (E->W).  I don't see a way to save that setting and then quickly apply it to my custom slide show.   Any suggestions?

A few transitions CAN be have the preset saved, (example dissolve), but most have it greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set it as the default transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish it was that simple.   NO, "save preset" is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To set Push as the default Video Transition go to the Effects panel and expand Video Transitions > Slide > Push.  Right-click Push and choose "Set Select as Default Transition".  Once set, using Sequence > Apply Video Transition (Control/Command + D) will apply Push instead of Cross Dissolve.

Pictured:  Effects panel showing Push being set as the default video transition.Pictured: Effects panel showing Push being set as the default video transition.

Note:  This is a default setting for a menu action in Premiere Pro not be confused with right-clicking an applied Standard Effect in the Effect Controls and choosing "Save Preset...".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick reply!   YES, Push is my current default and I use Cntrl-D to apply it.   My issue is that I want to change the default Push behavior from going L->R(West to East), I want it to go the opposite (East to West).  Currently have to remember to change EACH one after I do Cntrl-D but of course I miss it every so often.   I also do the select multiple clips and Cntrl-D to all of them.  What I want to do is save this behavior and then have Cntrl-D or mouse select drag/drop from the Presets tab onto the clip pair.

Is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines